State-level EO Officer
The Regulations at 29 CFR Part 28.28 indicate that the Governor must designate an individual to serve as the State-level EO Officer. This individual is responsible for State Program-wide coordination of compliance with the equal opportunity and nondiscrimination requirements in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and the Regulations.
The Regulations at 29 CFR Part 38 indicate the Governor may delegate WIOA Section 188 responsibilities to a designee. Mr. Frederick D. Payne, Department of Workforce Development (DWD) Commissioner, is the Governor’s designee for all such activity (including development and implementation of the State Nondiscrimination Plan, oversight and monitoring of equal opportunity (EO) and nondiscrimination compliance, and any other related duties of the Governor).
Indiana’s designated state-level EO Officer is Ms. Jennifer Long of DWD’s Regulatory and Oversight and Compliance Division.
Priorities for the State EO Officer include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, updating, and implementing the State’s Nondiscrimination Plan (NDP);
- Communicating directly with federal, state and/or local officials concerning equal opportunity matters;
- Ensuring annual compliance monitoring of WIOA Title I EO and nondiscrimination requirements;
- Undergoing training and providing training and technical assistance to the local EO Officers; and
- Developing procedures for and investigating discrimination matters that reach the state level.
Local-level EO Officers
WIOA Section 188 requires designation of a Local EO Officer in each local workforce development area/region. Local EO Officers are responsible for ensuring EO and nondiscriminatory practices in the administration and operation of programs and services within the regional One-Stop system.
Local EO Officer’s Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reporting EO and nondiscriminatory practices to the State EO Officer;
- Processing/investigating local discrimination complaints;
- Monitoring compliance of regional WIOA Title I programs;
- Undergoing training and providing training for regional staff and service providers (mandatory participation in conference calls and training sessions conducted by State EO Officer);
- Ensuring physical and programmatic accessibility of WorkOne offices and services;
- Reviewing regional policies to ensure they are non-discriminatory;
- Conducting outreach and education about EO and nondiscrimination requirements and complaint procedures; and
- Ensuring overall implementation of the State Nondiscrimination Plan.
Local EO Officer Directory:
Counties: Lake, Porter, La Porte, Starke, Pulaski, Jasper, Newton
Human Resource Consultant
Center of Workforce Innovations, Inc.
2804 Bolermaker Ct., Suite E
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Phone: 219-462-2940, ext. 1049
Counties: Elkhart, Fulton, Kosciusko, Marshall, St. Joseph
Job Placement Specialist
Northern Indiana Workforce Board, Inc.
851 S. Marietta Street South Bend, IN 46601
Phone: 574-237-9675, Ext 1006
Counties: Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Grant, Huntington, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, Whitley
Director of Quality Initiatives/EO Officer
Northeast Indiana Works
200 E. Main Street, Ste. 910
Ft. Wayne, IN 46802
Counties: Benton, White, Cass, Miami, Carroll, Howard, Warren, Fountain, Tippecanoe, Montgomery, Clinton, Tipton
Director of Operations
Region 4 Workforce Board
976 Mezzanine Drive, Suite C
Lafayette, IN 47905
Counties: Boone, Hamilton, Madison, Hendricks, Hancock, Morgan, Johnson, Shelby
HR Manager/Payroll Specialist
836 S. State Street
PO Box 69
Greenfield, IN 46140
Phone: 317-462-7711, Ext. 303
Counties: Blackford, Delaware, Jay, Randolph, Henry, Wayne, Rush, Union, Fayette
Senior Manager of Fiscal Services
Eastern Indiana Works/ASG Inc.
3301 E Purdue Avenue
Muncie, IN 47305
Counties: Vermillion, Parke, Putnam, Vigo, Clay, Sullivan
Chief Operations Officer
Western Indiana WDB, Inc.
630 Wabash Ave., Ste. 205
Terre Haute, IN 47807
Phone: 812-238-5616 x 2
Counties: Owen, Greene, Martin, Brown, Lawrence, Monroe Orange, Daviess
WDB Director Executive Director of Workforce Services, Region 8
333 S Landmark Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47403
Counties: Bartholomew, Ripley, Dearborn, Franklin, Jackson, Jennings, Decatur, Jefferson, Ohio, Switzerland
Southeast Indiana Workforce Board
4555 Central Ave., Ste. 1300
Columbus, IN 47203
Counties: Clark, Floyd, Crawford, Scott, Washington, Harrison
Region 10 Workforce Board, Inc.
PO Box 6712
New Albany, IN 47150
Counties: Gibson, Pike, Knox, Dubois, Posey, Perry, Vanderburgh, Spencer, Warrick
Grow Southwest Indiana Workforce Board, Inc.
318 Main Street, Ste. 504
Evansville, IN 47708
Director of Quality and Analytics
115 W Washington Street, Suite 450 S
Indianapolis, IN 46204