Forms & Publications
Effective April 1, 2020: Youth Employment Law Updates
- Hazardous/Prohibited Occupations Poster
- A one-page brief overview of jobs deemed Hazardous or Prohibited for minors.
- Youth Peddling Fact Sheet
Important information about candy crews and minors under 16 selling door-to-door.
Posters and Forms for Employers
- Sample Withdrawal Form
- When a minor legally withdraws from a high school education, the information on this form should be present on his or her exit letter.
- Roster of Minors
Properly filled, this poster reflects permissions that are on-file for employed minors. (Note: This document is an editable PDF. If you would like to save entered information, please download the form before filling the available spaces.)
- Teen Work Hour Restrictions poster (Y en Español)
This poster is required for any business employing minors
- Written Parental Permission - One-Part | Two-Part
Form used by parent/guardian allowing 16 and 17 year olds to work beyond the normal hour restrictions.
Presentations and Trainings
- Safety Matters (Interactive Education Module)
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) now offers a free safety training program for youth workers! This is a one-hour, interactive program for 7th graders to high school seniors.
The videos below are presented in Windows Media Video (.wmv) format. Captioned and subtitled videos are now available on the Indiana Department of Labor YouTube Channel.
- Summer Safety
Produced by the INSafe division, this video shows basic safety in both outdoor and office environments.