The Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Administration (IOSHA) is dedicated to ensuring Hoosier workplace safety and health. To be successful, IOSHA will improve workplace safety and health for all Indiana workers by reducing hazards and exposures in the workplace environment that result in occupational injuries, illnesses, and fatalities. IOSHA works to change workplace culture to increase employer and worker awareness of, commitment to, and involvement in workplace safety and health while securing public confidence through excellence in the development and delivery of our programs and services.
IOSHA consists of two divisions that conduct inspections to ensure compliance with IOSHA standards. The Industrial Compliance Division is responsible for public and private sector safety and health in the commercial, agricultural, and industrial sector of the Indiana economy. This includes the recognition and evaluation of exposure to occupational health hazards such as atmospheric contaminants, chemical, biological, physical, and ergonomic hazards. The Construction Safety Division is responsible for safety in the construction industry in Indiana.
What to Expect When IOSHA Inspects
The following video is a demonstration of the OSHA inspection process from start to finish and serves as an educational tool. The video's running time is 52 minutes.
File an IOSHA Complaint
To file an online safety and/or health complaint with IOSHA, visit www.in.gov/dol/2733.htm.
OSHA Establishment Search
Do you want to know if a company has had any past IOSHA inspections or violations? Try the Establishment Search provided by federal OSHA. All IOSHA records are uploaded to this national site for your convenience.
This page enables you to search for IOSHA and OSHA enforcement inspections by the name of the establishment. Information may also be obtained for a specified inspection or inspections within a specified Standard Industrial Classification (SIC).
State Occupational Annual Report (SOAR)
Every year, the Indiana Department of Labor and Indiana OSHA publish the State Occupational Annual Report, or SOAR. To view the most recent and past reports, please click here.
- United States Department of Labor Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Interstate Labor Standards Association
- National Labor Relations Board
At the time of publication of this website (10/2019), IOSHA, the Indiana Enforcement State Plan, receives 48.1% of its budget from a grant of $2,308,000 in federal funds. The remaining 51.9% of the State Plan budget is financed through $2,492,006 in Indiana state funds.