IDOL Social Media Policy
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - The Indiana Department of Labor's social media accounts are monitored by agency staff in an effort to promote department activities, events, worker safety and health initiatives as well as wage and hour updates. The department's policy is to accept the majority of comments made to the agency's social media accounts with some exceptions.
These web services not owned by the State of Indiana have different privacy and security policies in place than the agency that operates their social media handles. The state of Indiana is not responsible for, and does not endorse, guarantee or monitor content, availability, view points, products or services offered by non-IN.gov portal websites.
- Indiana law does not provide job protection for content posted on social media
- Content posted on the Indiana Department of Labor’s social media accounts becomes a public record
- Staff monitor IDOL's profiles and pages, but are not responsible for content generated by users
- The agency’s profiles and pages may contain links to other websites on the Internet, but this does not constitute an endorsement by Indiana Department of Labor
- The department reserves the right to remove any content from its social media accounts
Please do not post content containing:
- Personal identifying information
- Financial information
- Intellectual property
- Confidential information
- Political campaign related content
- Marketing of a product or service
Staff will answer questions posted by users as time permits. Those seeking answers to questions must be cautious of answers provided by other users who are non-agency staff, as the information may not be correct. Users with an immediate or urgent inquiry should contact the Indiana Department of Labor at (317) 232-2655.
Repeated violations of IDOL's comment policy may cause the user or follower to be blocked from agency-sponsored social media pages or platforms.
The Indiana Department of Labor is unable to accept formal or non-formal occupational safety and health complaints through social media comments, posts or messages. Individuals who wish to exercise their right to file a formal or non-formal complaint under the Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Act regarding unsafe or unhealthy working conditions must contact the Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Administration (IOSHA) by phone at (317) 232-2693.
The Indiana Department of Labor understands that social media platforms and profiles are a 24/7 media information and engagement tool; However, the agency's monitoring capabilities are limited to the hours of agency operation. Agency staff may not see inappropriate activity immediately, and trusts in the maturity of the user community to communicate politely and ignore personal attacks or negative speech.
Report Violations to IDOL
To advise the Indiana Department of Labor staff of a user violation of the above policy, please email SocialMedia@dol.in.gov or call (317) 232-2655, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Free INSafe Consultation Request
- File an IOSHA Complaint
- Online Wage Claim Form
- Youth Employment Online Work Permit System
- Report Hospitalizations/Amputations/Loss of eye to IOSHA
- IOSHA Whistleblower Protection Online Complaint Form
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center