Concessions and Leases
At properties within the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (DNR), certain services for the benefit of park visitors are provided by individuals or companies from the private sector who operate facilities under a license and concession agreement or lease with the State of Indiana.
Concessionaires and lessees run a wide range of operations such as camp stores, beach snacks, saddle barns, boat rentals, and marinas.
Interested parties may contact Melissa Stewart, Concession/Contract Program Manager, at mstewart3@dnr.IN.gov or (317) 234-8544 to be notified when a concession or lease becomes available. All concession or lease opportunities will also be listed on this page while proposals are being accepted. In addition, the DNR advertises opportunities in local papers.
All information on what to put in the proposal and deadlines will be in the proposal packet.
Proposal Packet Forms
These forms should be included with all proposals. See concession and lease opportunities below for informational document and sample contract for each open opportunity.
Concessions currently up for proposal
- Brown County State Park - Saddle Barn
- Fort Harrison State Park - Saddle Barn
- Hardy Lake - Boat Mooring
- McCormick's Creek State Park - Saddle Barn
- Monroe Lake - Camp Store, Boat Rental
- Patoka Lake - Boat Rental
- Pokagon State Park - Saddle Barn
- Salamonie Lake - Camp Store, Boat Rental, Marina
Questions or Concerns about Concession Operations?
We strive to provide outstanding customer service to our guests. If we did not meet your expectations, and you have concerns or questions regarding a concession or lease operation at a state park facility (i.e. saddle barn, camp store, boat rental, marina and other retail locations), please do the following:
- First, work through the store manager/operator to find a resolution.
- Second, if the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, please elevate your concern to the property/park manager during your visit or at your very earliest convenience.
- Last, if you still have unanswered questions or issues, please contact the Concession Manager at our central office at (317) 232-4140.
Thank you for your business!