Fishing Guide & Regulations
2020-2021 Indiana Fishing Regulation Guide
Fishing Licenses & Fees
- Size & Bag Limits
- Basic Fishing Information, Boating
- Inland Trout
- Ohio River
- Lake Michigan
- Lake Sturgeon
- Reptiles & Amphibians
- 2019 Fish of the Year
- Fish Identification Pictures
- Record Fish Program
- Fish Consumption
- Contact Indiana DNR
The 2020-21 Indiana Fishing Regulation Guide is available on eRegulations, a third-party online service. The eRegulations website has different privacy and security policies and contains advertising. The Indiana Department of Natural Resources neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed.
Indiana-Michigan Border Lakes
Indiana or Michigan residents fishing in any of the waters listed below and who possess a valid fishing license for either state, are permitted to fish in these lakes while following the laws and regulations of the state having jurisdiction over that portion of the lake.
- Clear Lake – Indiana, St. Joseph County/South Clear Lake – Michigan, Berrien County.
- Indiana Lake – Indiana, Elkhart County/Michigan, Cass County.
- Fish Lake – Indiana, La Grange County/Michigan, St. Joseph County.
- Lake George – Indiana, Steuben County/Michigan, Branch County.
- Long Lake - Indiana, Steuben County/Michigan, Hillsdale County.
Where do your fishing license dollars go?
Funds from the sale of fishing licenses are used to conserve and manage fisheries resources in Indiana. Learn more about funding for fish and wildlife conservation and management in Indiana.