Level II Certification
To be certified as a Level II Assessor-Appraiser, an individual must:
- complete Level II pre-examination course work designated by the Department;
- pass the Level II examination designated by the Department;
- complete the continuing education requirements specified in section 4 of 50 IAC 15; and
- have previously attained certification as a Level I Assessor-Appraiser.
The Department offers an online, self-paced tutorial for those individuals interested in obtaining their Level II Assessor-Appraiser certification. The tutorial, which is available from this webpage, allows individuals to use an audio and video presentation of the class materials to prepare for the Level II examination.
Materials Needed for Self-Paced Tutorial
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 installed on computer or PDF Viewer
- Computer speakers
- Real Property Assessment Guidelines - Chapters 6-9, Appendices D-G, Glossary (see below)
- Writing utensils
2022 Level II Tutorials
To start using the self-paced tutorial, you will need to download either the PowerPoint or PDF files for each section. In an effort to provide you with multiple options to view the tutorials, we have provided each presentation in two different formats
- Cost Approach
- Golf Course
- Income Approach
- Personal Property
- Ratio Study
- Sales Comparison Approach
Property Record Card
Review Exam and Answers
The files above may be large and may take a few minutes to load on your computer. If you save the files to your computer, you will only need to download the files once.
Due to file size, audio is only available on the problems and answers presentations. If the audio does not start upon opening the problems and answers presentation files, be sure to click on the icon that looks like a speaker, which will start the audio that accompanies the PowerPoint slides.
- Powerpoint Tips - When starting in PowerPoint you may have a pop-up asking to update files, please select "Cancel" to begin the program. You may pause the audio at any time by clicking on the presentation. To restart the audio, again click on the speaker icon and the audio will restart from the beginning for that slide. You may advance the slides or move back a slide at any time by using the up and down arrows on your keyboard. This will pause the audio and you will need to follow the above directions to restart the audio. For additional help using Microsoft PowerPoint, you can "right-click" on your mouse and select the "Help" option.
- PDF Viewer Tips - When starting the PDF, you may have a pop-up box asking if you trust the file sender, please select yes to begin the program. To move forward or backward on the presentation, use the arrows at the top of the PowerPoint window.
- The problems that are worked on during the tutorial presentation can be printed separately from the Resource Materials section in the attached files. Please note that the Powerpoint Resource Materials are in the zip folder with the PowerPoint or in the link labeled Resources.
Real Property Guidelines
The 2021 rule and manual apply to the reassessment process used by Indiana assessors. By statute, the Department of Local Government Finance adopted this new rule change on December 2, 2020. It became effective on January 1, 2021.
2021 Real Property Rule
2021 Real Property Assessment Guidelines
- 2021 Appendix A
- 2021 Appendix B
- 2021 Appendix C
- Appendix C - updated 11/5/21
- 2021 Appendix D
- 2021 Appendix E
- 2021 Appendix F
- 2021 Appendix G
- Appendix G - updated 11/5/21
Please direct questions regarding course material to Level2@dlgf.in.gov.
Students may sit for the Level I or Level II examination at any of the scheduled testing times and locations.
Once you have completed the online tutorial, you will need to schedule your testing date with the Department. Please contact Donna Bratcher at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your date and location at least one week prior to the testing date. The Department reserves the right to cancel a scheduled test if less than five (5) individuals are confirmed for a particular date. Individuals will be confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis and a waitlist will be maintained if needed. While there is no cost for the test, please make every effort to cancel at least 48 hours in advance so any waitlisted candidates may be notified of an opening.
|February 11, 2022||Register Here|
|March 18, 2022||Register Here|
|April 13, 2022 (SOUTH BEND)||Register Here|
|April 14, 2022 (EVANSVILLE)||Register Here|
|April 22, 2022||Register Here|
|June 3, 2022||Register Here|
|June 15, 2022 (LAKE STATION)||Register Here|
|July 15, 2022||Register Here|
|August 16, 2022 (CROWN POINT)||Register Here|
|August 19, 2022||Register Here|
|September 16, 2022||Register Here|
|October 12, 2022 (CROWN POINT)||Register Here|
|October 21, 2022||Register Here|
|November 16, 2022||Register Here|
|December 14, 2022||Register Here|