Mortgage Lending, Mortgage Loan Originator Licensing, Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS)
The Department of Financial Institutions was created by the Indiana Financial Institutions Act of 1933. This act commissioned the Department with the responsibility for supervising commercial banks, trust companies, private banks, savings banks, building and loan associations, credit unions, and finance companies incorporated under the laws of the State of Indiana. The Department's scope of regulatory responsibilities has since been broadened to include supervision of pawnbrokers, licensees under the Uniform Consumer Credit Code, licensees under the Indiana Small Loan Act, industrial loan and investment companies, money transmitters, check cashers, budget service companies, and rental-purchase agreement companies.
Next Scheduled Members Meeting- February 8, 2018 10:00 a.m
News, Events & Announcements
Tom Fite Named Director of Indiana Department of Financial Institutions
Indiana Governor Mike Pence appointed Tom Fite as Director of the Indiana Department of Financial Institutions (DFI). The appointment was effective January 18.
"I’m thankful to name Thomas Fite as Director of the Indiana Department of Financial Institutions," said Governor Pence. "Thomas has extensive experience and unmatched background knowledge from his many years of service within the Department, and I’m confident he will continue to serve Hoosiers well in his new role."
Since May 2013, Fite has served as Deputy Director of DFI. Prior to becoming Deputy Director, Fite spent 15 years working in the Department’s bank division, including five years as regional supervisor. His regulatory background has largely focused on the assessment of financial institution safety and soundness and risk management programs, with specializations in both information technology security and anti-money laundering. Fite earned an undergraduate degree in finance from Ball State University and a master’s degree in business administration from Indiana Wesleyan University. He and his wife of 15 years are raising their three young children in Brownsburg, IN.
* Department of Financial Institutions issues Guidance related to Equifax Breach
* Applicability of the State's legal lending limit statutes to Bankers Healthcare Group loans
* Licensing for Civil Proceeding Advance Payment transactions
* Interim Final Rule - Volcker
* Volcker Rule Interagency FAQ Document
* Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
* Agencies Release a Regulatory Capital Estimation Tool for Community Banks
* Regulatory Capital Estimation Tool for Community Banks
* 2013 CFPB Dodd-Frank Mortgage Rules Readiness Guide
* Keeping Senior Citizens Safe Online
* FDIC and CFPB Collaborate to Develop a Tool for Older Adults to Prevent Financial Exploitation
* Promotion Announcements
* Policy Establishing Criteria For Exemption Of Dividend Approval By The Department 4-11-13
* Standards for the Risk Management of Corporate Account Takeovers
* Debt Management Company Advisory on 2013 Law Changes - May 22, 2013
* Standing Examination Sharing Cover Letter - March 14, 2013
* Statement Of Procedure For Obtaining Standing Authority To Share Examination Findings With Authorized External Auditors Outside Counsel Officers And Employees - April 2013
* New Policy Regarding the Ability of State-Chartered Depository Institutions to Engage in Derivative Transactions - January 21, 2013
* New Policy Regarding Remote Participation in Members' Meetings by DFI Members - January 1, 2013
* Dodd-Frank Act and Its Impact on the Mortgage Industry
by David H. Mills, Director - June 2011
* DFI 5th Certificate of Accreditation by CSBS - Press Release 8/27/2010
* SAFE - Mortgage Lending and Loan Originators
* Foreclosure Information / Assistance. (view)