Close Menu


Employer Payment Processing

Employer Hotline 1-800-292-0403

This information is for child support payments only. Other garnishments such as small claims, bankruptcies, etc. will continue to be processed by the Clerk's Office.

The Annual Support Fee (ASFE) of $55.00 should be paid to the Indiana State Centralized Collection Unit (INSCCU) rather than to the County Clerk's Office. At the beginning of each year the Non-Custodial Parent (NCP) is sent a notice that the $55.00 ASFE is due. However, if the NCP does not pay the fee, the state Child Support Bureau will send an ASFE Income Withholding Order (IWO) to the employer for payment in the spring of each year.

Instructions for making the payment will be included in the IWO. The ASFE payment can be made by check with a copy of the notice included and sent to the PO Box listed on the notice. The fee can also be made via our online payment system or electronically by EFT/EDI. Please make sure you follow the instructions on the ASFE IWO closely when processing ASFE payments by EFT/EDI. If you have questions about the ASFE payment, please contact the Employer Hotline at 1-800-292-0403. NOTE: The ASFE IWO does not change how or where you send your regular child support payments for your employees.

Indiana Code, Section 31-16-15-16 requires employers with fifty (50) or more employees and more than one child support obligor to process those payments electronically to the State Central Collection Unit. This law went into effect July 1st 2002.


Free Online Payment Processing

Using the Child Support Bureau's payment processing website is a FREE and easy way to comply with this law. Even if you're not required to process payments by EFT in accordance with the law, using the employer payment website is very beneficial and all you need is the Internet to use it.

You save postage. Payments don't get lost or delayed by the post office. In many cases, using the website for payment processing saves the employer processing time and by eliminating mail time, the custodial parent receives payments faster. All Indiana income withholding child support payments can be processed on the website. You no longer have to send payments to several different County Clerks. You will know the exact day your payments start processing on our system. The payments are automatically downloaded into the Indiana Support Enforcement Tracking System (ISETS) from the website with no manual processing. Payment histories for each employee and the employer are available on the website for all payments processed on the website.

For more information, click the links below:
Employer Online Payment System

Click here for a Website Setup Form


Use the EFT/EDI Process Formats CCD+ or CTX 820

The information needed to process payments using the CCD+ or the CTX 820 formats is listed below.

Redirecting payments to the State Central Collection Unit and/or by EFT.
Payment Processing Instructions

Information regarding the EFT formats necessary to process child support Payments EFT.
Click here for EFT/EDI Detail Document

User Guide for Electronic Child Support Payments


Sending Checks

If your business or organization is not legally required, pursuant to Indiana Code, Section 31-16-15-16 to process child support payments electronically, and you do not choose to use that option, you may send all your Indiana child support payments to the Indiana State Centralized Collection Unit (INSCCU). Please click here for Payment Processing Instructions.

If you do not meet the requirements of Indiana Code, Section 31-16-15-16 and do not opt to send payments electronically, mail checks to:

Indiana State Centralized Collection Unit (INSCCU)
PO Box 6219
Indianapolis, Indiana 46206-6219

NOTE: The following Employer Remittance Coupon form must be used when sending employee withholding payments by check:

Employer Remittance Coupon

If you receive a new income withholding order that does not provide the ISETS case number, please contact the Employer Hotline at 1-800-292-0403. We will provide you with the case number.

Employers, did you know that you can send a list of employees with child support orders to the Employer Maintenance Unit to get arrearage totals for Bonus/Lump sum payments?

Create a list of employees you pay child support for, send it to the Employer Maintenance Unit (EMU) and they will provide arrearage figures where applicable. If you are sending your list of employees with child support orders for the arrearage totals, please send it via email at emu@dcs.in.gov or via fax at 317-234-4767.

To understand lump sum payments more fully, please check out the FAQs on the website.

News and FAQs

Top FAQs