The information provided in this manual is intended for the use and convenience of staff and interested persons. References contained in DCS policies that pertain to other State policies, Indiana Administrative Code, Indiana Code, and/or Federal Law should not be considered a substitute for the actual documents or legal counsel.
Questions or comments on individual policies should be directed to your local supervisor, work unit manager, or mailto:DCS.Policy@dcs.in.gov. Please contact our webmaster if you have any problems using the site.
Policy Changes Implemented Via Admin Letters
- Revised Background Check Documentation (Effective 8/1/2019)
- Terminating Parent-Child Relationship due to an "Act of Rape" (Effective 7/1/2016)
- Review of Case Record (Effective 11/1/2015)
- Withdrawn/Screen-out Options in MaGIK (Effective 8/1/2015)
- Interviewing Alleged Child/Youth Perpetrators (Effective 4/1/2015)
- Family Impact Statement (Effective July 2013)
- Legislative Changes: Legal Guardianship (Effective 9/1/2011)
Indiana Child Welfare Policy Manual
Click here for the complete policy manual, last updated on November 15, 2019: Indiana Child Welfare Policy Manual.
For more recent updates, see the individual policies at the links below, or contact DCS.Policy@dcs.in.gov.
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - Administration of Child Welfare
- Chapter 3 - Hotline
- Chapter 4 - Assessment
- Chapter 5 - General Case Management
- Chapter 6 - Court
- Chapter 7 - In-Home Services
- Chapter 8 - Out-of-Home Services
- Chapter 9 - Interstate Compact (ICPC)
- Chapter 10 - Adoption
- Chapter 11 - Older Youth Services
- Chapter 12 - Foster Family Home Licensing
- Chapter 13 - Background Checks
- Chapter 14 - Guardianship Assistance Program (GAP)
- Chapter 15 - Eligibility
- Chapter 16 - Financial Services/Assistance
- Questions on any Archive Policies please contact us at DCS.Policy@dcs.in.gov