On Oct. 29, 2021, the Indiana Executive Council on Cybersecurity unanimously approved its 2021 Indiana Cybersecurity Strategic Plan and State of Cyber Report (2017-2021) and provided them to Governor Eric J. Holcomb.
THE STATE OF THE CYBER REPORT (2017-2021)
The State of Cyber Report (2017-2021) provides two distinct parts; each of which is intended to illustrate – in the form of real accomplishments – how Indiana has been collaborating with its public, private, academic, and military partners to strengthen our cybersecurity posture and risk environment for the benefit of all Hoosiers.
- The first part is the history and direct success of the IECC since Governor Holcomb’s relaunch of 2017. More than 350 members between 2017-2021 were directly involved with the researching, planning, implementing, and evaluating the 2018 Indiana Cybersecurity Strategic Plan .
- The second part is a collection of other cybersecurity accomplishments from throughout the Hoosier State and outside of the IECC. And, while it’s not an all-inclusive list, it’s a representation of the many amazing and innovative projects that continue to take Indiana to the Next Level in cybersecurity. Click here to read the State of Cyber Report (2017-2021)
2021 INDIANA CYBERSECURITY STRATEGIC PLAN
This plan uses the state’s proven strategic approach for providing the solutions, resources, and policies to further strengthen the cybersecurity posture of Indiana by the IECC’s 35 voting members and more than 250 advisory members. The strategic framework for achieving an even greater measure of progress is detailed in the 2021 Indiana Cybersecurity Strategic Plan, which the IECC will strive to complete in the coming years.
The 2021 Indiana Cybersecurity Strategic Plan encompasses not only the breadth of topics but the depth as well. While the plan in its entirety is large and comprehensive with the plans of 68 deliverables and 134 objectives, it is organized so that information regarding specific topics can easily be accessed as needed.
Each section can stand alone and readers, based on their interests, can select one or a combination of parts of the plan as they aim to learn and further develop solutions addressing cybersecurity in the state.
2021 EXECUTIVE PLAN
- Appendix A Indiana Executive Council on Cybersecurity – Executive Order
- Appendix B Indiana Executive Council on Cybersecurity – Charter
- Appendix C Indiana Executive Council on Cybersecurity – Phase Forms
- Appendix D Indiana Executive Council on Cybersecurity – Committee and Working Group Implementation Plans
- Appendix D.1 Communications Committee
- Appendix D.2 Defense Industry Committee
- Appendix D.3 Economic Development Committee
- Appendix D.4 Elections Committee
- Appendix D.5 Energy Committee
- Appendix D.6 Finance Committee
- Appendix D.7 State and Local Government Committee
- Appendix D.8 Healthcare Committee
- Appendix D.9 Water and Wastewater Committee
- Appendix D.10 Workforce Development Committee
- Appendix D.11 Resiliency and Response Working Group
- Appendix D.12 Cyber Awareness and Sharing Working Group
- Appendix D.13 Legal and Insurance Working Group
- Appendix D.14 Privacy Working Group
- Appendix D.15 Strategic Resource Working Group
- Appendix E Indiana Executive Council on Cybersecurity – January 2021 Membership and Leadership List
To download the entire 2021 Indiana Cybersecurity Strategic Plan with all the appendices, click here.
2018 STRATEGIC PLAN
Utilizing its first-of-its-kind approach for providing the solutions, resources, and policies to further strengthen the cybersecurity posture of Indiana by:
- Completing 78 percent of the 69 identified deliverables and 77 percent of the 120 objectives identified in the 2018 Indiana Cybersecurity Strategic Plan;
- Donating hundreds of hours and millions of dollars of services to the businesses, local governments, and citizens in Indiana to complete its work, representing an unprecedented amount of savings from a volunteer government Council or Commission; and
- Continuing in its service during a period of time that included a global pandemic.
To view the 2018 Indiana Cybersecurity Strategic Plan, click here.