Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I go about getting a building permit?
Please complete the "Application for Building Permits" form provided below and submit to the Harrison County Planner's Office.
- How can I change the zoning on my property?
Please complete the "Change of Zone Application" form provided below and submit to the Harrison County Planner's Office.
- What is the process for getting a variance or a special exception?
Please review the "Variance Process" document provided below for additional information on the process.
- How can I request a special exception or "variance" on a property?
Please complete the "Application for special exception or variance" form provided below and submit to the Harrison County Planner's Office.
- What are the rules regarding signage?
Please review the following Harrison County Sign Ordinance and Amendments.
- How can I get a permit to install signage?
Complete the "Sign Permit Application" provided below and submit to the Harrison County Planning & Zoning Office.
- What are the rules that govern maintenance of fences and partitions?
The following website provides information on the State of Indiana's rules of law concerning fences and partitions.
- How can I find out who owns the property next to my property?
The Harrison County GIS Mapping System will allow you to view GIS maps or perform name, parcel number, or business name searches to find out information about property in Harrison County.
Harrison County Plan Commission
245 Atwood St. NE, Suite 215
Corydon IN 47112
Phone: (812) 738-8927
Fax: (812) 738-8939
Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm | Monday - Friday