- Routine Service: 6-8 weeks
- Expedited Service: 2-3 weeks
Processing times only include the time your application is at one of our passport agencies or centers and do not include mailing times, which may vary across the country.
These links will help you:
- Enroll in email updates about your application status - passportstatus.state.gov
- Current and previous processing times - Processing Times webpage
- Learn about what each status update means, and how to upgrade service - Application Status webpage
Public Service Warning - Passport Disinformation
The U. S. Department of State has notified all Passport Acceptance facilities, including the Harrison County Clerk’s office, of a false social media claim. The Clerk’s office would like to make Harrison County residents aware of the following: A social media video advising customers on how to obtain a free passport is misinformation. The fee waiver form I-912 that is referenced in the video is for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services purposes, not for Passport Services. This is not a Department of State form and is not honored by them. For information on the select group eligible for a no-fee passport please visit www.travel.state.gov/sia Feel free to contact the Clerk’s office at 812-738-4289 with any passport questions.
Public Service Warning - Passport Scam
The Clerk's Office has been made aware of another online Passport scam. This one claims to, for a fee, assist the applicant in completing the application. In the process, applicants are giving the scammers their name, address, date of birth, and social security numbers! That is all that the scammer needs to steal the applicant’s identity.
Please only visit the U.S. Dept. of State's Passport website at www.travel.state.gov There is NO FEE for an application or way to submit your application online. If applying for a passport for the 1st time you must visit an acceptance agent facility like the Harrison County Clerk's office to submit your completed application. If you are on a website that requires a fee for a Passport application it is a scam.
If you are eligible to renew your Passport you may MAIL your application, form DS-82, without the assistance of an acceptance agent.
Please call the Clerk's office at 812-738-4289 if you have questions, or concerns or want to schedule an appointment to have your application processed. We are experiencing a high quantity of applications so it is to your benefit to schedule an appointment so you do not experience a lengthy wait.
Passports & The Harrison County Clerk's Office
The Harrison County Clerk’s Office can assist you by appointment in the process of requesting a passport. A passport book is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies the citizenship and identity of the bearer. A valid U.S. passport book may be used by U.S. citizens and/or nationals to travel by any means to any international travel destination. Only the U.S. Department of State has the authority to grant, issue, or verify United States passports. Our Acceptance Agents will assist you in the application process.
Travel.state.gov is the official website for the U.S. Department of State-Bureau of Consular Affairs and has excellent information regarding:
- What to bring when you come to apply for a passport for the first time
- What to bring when you are applying for a child
- What to bring when applying for, or as, a 16-17-year-old
- How to renew a passport
- Submitting an acceptable photo. Settle for nothing less than a quality photo as the Passport Agency has very strict guidelines regarding size and image specifications.
- Current processing times for routine and expedited service
- International travel tips and warnings
- Current fees (The Clerk’s Office does not accept cash or credit cards for the fee payable to the U.S. Dept. of State but does accept cash or credit cards for the separate execution fee payable to the Clerk’s office. Personal checks are the preferred form of payment and you should have sufficient checks to attach one to each application and pay for the execution fee.)
- Once you have completed your application, please call our office to schedule your appointment (Monday - Friday). You may also ask any questions at this time.
Applications should be filled out before arrival at the Clerk’s Office. They may be rejected if they:
- Are not in black ink (they should be hand-written in black ink or typed)
- Not the latest version of the form
- Contain errors that have been whited out or covered over
You can complete a printable application online, but remember you must bring it to an Acceptance Facility to be executed (unless it is a renewal). Visit travel.state.gov to begin and for answers to all your international travel and passport questions.
For additional information please visit the United States State Department Travel Website by clicking on the link below.
Harrison County Clerk
300 North Capitol Ave., Room #203
Corydon, IN 47112
Phone: (812) 738-4289
Fax: (812) 738-3126
Monday - Friday
8:30 am – 2:30 pm
Sherry Brown - Clerk