Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
Over 2 million Hoosier adults need additional skills to compete in the 21st Century Workforce. To help more Hoosiers gain these skills, Indiana has created a new financial aid opportunity for working-age adults: the Workforce Ready Grant.
The Workforce Ready Grant pays the tuition and mandatory fees for eligible high-value certificate programs at Ivy Tech Community College, Vincennes University or other approved providers. The grant is available for two (2) years and covers up to the number of credits required by the qualifying program. The grant does not cover courses that do not directly apply to the student’s certificate program. Program-specific fees and equipment are not covered.
The qualifying high-value certificate programs were selected based on employer demand, wages, job placements and program completion rate. These programs are aligned with Indiana’s highest demand sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Building & Construction
- Health Sciences
- IT & Business Services
- Transportation & Logistics
To qualify for the grant, students must:
- Be age 18 years or older
- Be an Indiana resident and U.S. citizen or (eligible non-citizen)
- Have a high school diploma (or equivalent) but less then a college degree
- Enroll in a qualifying program at an eligible training provider
- File the FAFSA**
- Enroll full-time (typically four courses) if you are a Dependent Student**
- Enroll at least half-time (typically two courses) if you are an Independent Student**
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress**
- Meet any other minimum criteria established by the Commission
**Credit-Bearing programs only
HOW TO APPLY