Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship
The Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship provides 200 high-achieving high school and college students interested in pursuing a career in education the opportunity to earn a renewable scholarship of up to $7,500 each year for four academic years. In exchange, students agree to teach for five years at an eligible Indiana school or repay the corresponding, prorated amount of the scholarship.
- Must be an Indiana resident
- Must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Must be a current high school senior or college student in Indiana
- Must have graduated or will graduate from an Indiana accredited high school or non-accredited nonpublic high school
- Must be able to utilize the scholarship for at least two full academic years (effective for Fall 2017-2018 applicants)
- Must rank in the top 20% of high school graduating class or have a top 20% ACT or SAT score
- Must currently attend or plan to attend an eligible Indiana institution as a full-time student
- In some cases, degree-seeking students may use the scholarship during the summer while enrolled part-time. Refer to the specific guidelines for using the scholarship during summer terms.
- Must pursue or intend to pursue a course of study that would enable the student to teach at eligible Indiana school after college graduation
- Must obtain a license to teach in Indiana and serve as a teacher in an eligible Indiana school for five consecutive years after college graduation
- Must maintain a 3.0/4.0 GPA, complete 30 credit hours per year or their equivalent and meet all other requirements established by their program to renew the scholarship
- Must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Must not be in overpayment or default on a federal student loan or grant
- Must complete the service requirement or have all funds provided converted to a loan that must be repaid
**Priority will be given to students graduating high school although current college students are eligible to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
The application for the 2018-19 academic year will be available beginning September 1, 2017 and will close on November 30, 2017.
- Review the Application Procedures prior to applying
- Complete the Nomination Form
- Submit a complete and clean FAFSA (please allow 5-7 business days for processing)
- Submit a complete Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship Application through ScholarTrack
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU APPLY
- The deadline for submitting the 2018-19 Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship application is November 30, 2017.
- After the application deadline passes, the Commission will review all applications and select scholarship finalists by January 5, 2018.
- Finalists must participate in the Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship interview process.
- Finalists will be offered a pre-selected interview date and location and will only be allowed to change their interview date or location for circumstances beyond the applicant’s control.
- After the finalist interviews, the Commission will notifiy scholarship recipients in April 2018 that they have received the scholarship for the 2018-19 academic year.
Please direct any questions about the Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship to NextTeacher@che.in.gov