The Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship provides 200 high-achieving high school and college students interested in pursuing a career in education the opportunity to earn a renewable scholarship of up to $7,500 each year for four academic years. In exchange, students agree to teach for five years at an eligible Indiana school or repay the corresponding, prorated amount of the scholarship.
- Must be an Indiana resident;
- Must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- Must be a current high school senior or college student in Indiana;
- Must have graduated or will graduate from an Indiana accredited high school or non-accredited nonpublic high school;
- Must be able to utilize the scholarship for at least two full academic years;
- Must rank in the top 20% of high school graduating class or have a top 20% ACT or SAT score;
- Must currently attend or plan to attend an eligible Indiana institution as a full-time student;
- In some cases, degree-seeking students may use the scholarship during the summer while enrolled part-time. Refer to the specific guidelines for using the scholarship during summer terms.
- Must pursue or intend to pursue a course of study that would enable the student to teach at an eligible Indiana school after college graduation;
- Must obtain a license to teach in Indiana and serve as a teacher in an eligible Indiana school for five consecutive years after college graduation;
- Must maintain a 3.0/4.0 GPA, complete 30 credit hours per year or their equivalent and meet all other requirements established by their program to renew the scholarship;
- Must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year;
- Must not be in overpayment or default on a federal student loan or grant; and
- Must complete the service requirement or have all funds provided converted to a loan that must be repaid.
**Priority will be given to students graduating high school although current college freshmen and sophomore students are eligible to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
The 2021-2022 application is available in ScholarTrack until January 31, 2021.
- Review the 2021-2022 Application Procedures and Academic Requirements prior to applying.
- Submit a complete application in ScholarTrack.
- Submit a complete and clean FAFSA.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU APPLY
- After the January 31, 2021 deadline passes, the Commission will review all applications and notify all applicants of their scholarship status via email by March 19, 2021.
- Recipients and waitlisted finalists will be provided further instructions via email.
- 2021-2022 Application Procedures
- Academic Requirements
- Eligible Indiana Schools
- Eligible Indiana Institutions
- Frequently Asked Questions
Please direct any questions or inquiries toNextTeacher@che.in.gov.