ITT Tech Information

Are you an Indiana student, veteran or employee affected by the recent closure of ITT Technical Institute? Review the resources below for important information about continuing your education, gaining loan forgiveness and more.  

Start with these Frequently Asked Questions.


Partner Institutions 

The following colleges and universities are offering assistance to students affected by the ITT closure. 

  • Ivy Tech Community College will host a series of events around the state in partnership with other Indiana institutions to work directly with displaced ITT students to help them find the best fit for continuing their education.
  • While Ivy Tech does not accept ITT credits, there are still opportunities for students to continue to their educational journey at the Community College.
    • For example, Ivy Tech has a variety of prior learning assessment opportunities for students to receive credit for certifications they’ve earned or work experience.
  • The Community College is waiving some course test-out fees for ITT Tech students.
  • Students who previously attended Ivy Tech and have balances due with the Community College may have options to clear their balances (up to a certain level) to help students get reenrolled at Ivy Tech.
  • Students can learn more by visiting, calling 844-897-0540 or emailing 

  • WGU Indiana will use its competency-based model to help displaced ITT students complete their degrees.
  • To ease the financial burden of the transition, WGU Indiana is waiving the university’s $65 application fee and first-term resource fee of $145.
  • Students can learn more about their opportunities at WGU Indiana, including a special scholarship program for ITT Tech students, by calling 887-214-7014 (Mo Latu, Ext# 5838 Kris Jackson, Ext# 6476) or visiting

  • Indiana Wesleyan University will accept many ITT credits. In fact, 500 ITT courses have been evaluated as eligible for credit transfer to IWU, and IWU will evaluate students at no cost to determine credit transfer for other ITT courses.
  • IWU will transfer up to 90 credits into its non-residential programs only.
  • IWU will provide a 10 percent tuition scholarship to any ITT transfer student for most non-residential programs.
  • Students can learn more by contacting Deanna Bowman, Assistant Director of Transfer and Corporate Relations, at 1-866-498-4968 or 
  • Visit Indiana Wesleyan University online at

  • Harrison College will evaluate each ITT student transcript separately to determine which credits may be eligible for transfer.
  • Harrison’s Information Technology, Business, Nursing and Criminal Justice programs are aligned and may be best suited to help ITT students continue their higher education.
  • Students can stop into any campus or call 888-544-4422 for more information on Harrison College’s program offerings. Visit online at

  • ITT students can transfer their credits to Oakland City University.
  • OCU will work to streamline and expedite the transfer process to help students complete their academic goals as quickly as possible.
  • OCU has Business, Criminal Justice and Accounting programs that are well aligned to ITT’s programs.
  • Students can contact Dr. Cathy Robb (School of Business Dean) at or Linda Tipton at Visit to learn more.


  • At Trine University, ITT students can:
    • Transfer up to 89 semester credits. 
    • Start classes quickly, because new classes begin every four weeks. 
    • Apply for free. 
    • Receive a free transfer credit evaluation.
  • Trine's admission counselors at one of eight education centers will start the application process for ITT students and pay fees for students to secure their official transcripts. 
  • Trine offers optional eight-week accelerated courses--in person, online or a mix of both, whatever is most convenient. 
  • Small class sizes enable faculty mentors to provide individual attention. 
  • Students can learn more by calling 877-701-3343 or visiting

  • Indiana Tech accepts up to 90 ITT transfer credits.
  • Students can take classes online or at one of 12 classroom locations around the state, in  Fort Wayne, Elkhart, Huntington, Kendallville, Mishawaka, Munster, Warsaw, Fishers, Greenwood, Indianapolis, Evansville, and Jeffersonville.
  • Indiana Tech has programs that align well with ITT program, such as criminal justice, accounting, business management, marketing, human resources, health information technology, and information systems.
  • Learn more at or contact Duncan McCorquodale, Director of Admissions, College of Professional Studies: 317-466-2121 ext. 4103 and

  • Grace College will accept up to 75 credits for our bachelor's degree completion program (online or residential) and up to 60 credits for traditional, main campus bachelor's degree programs.
  • Grace will also allow prior learning assessment and/or portfolio review for its bachelor's degree completion program.
  • Grace College's general studies, business administration & management, accounting, web design, information technology, criminal justice, and nursing programs are best aligned and may be well-suited for transitioning ITT students. 
  • Learn more at or contact Alessa Smith at or 866-974-7223.

  • While Marian University does not accept ITT credits directly, students may take advantage of a portfolio process to assess learning from prior college, life and work experiences.  
  • Advisors in Marian’s Adult Programs will meet with ITT students individually to provide both academic placement and financial aid considerations. 
  • Marian will waive application fees for ITT students. 
  • Marian's Adult Programs in business administration, health and human services, and paralegal studies are best aligned to ITT programs and may be well-suited options for former ITT students. 
  • Learn more at or contact Kyle Hattenburg, Marian’s Adult Programs (MAP), at or (317)977-6763.


Are You an Adult Student?

Indiana's You Can. Go Back. program can help find the best college matches for you and connect you with resources to support your journey to a degree or credential. 


Are You a Veteran?

Earn credit for military experience, and pay for school with benefit programs and special scholarships.Learn more at


Additional State Services

The following state agencies offer services that may help those affected by the ITT closure:


Contact Us

If you have unanswered questions or need addiitonal assistance, review these Frequently Asked Questions or contact the Commission for Higher Education at or 1-888-528-4719.