Friday, September 14, 2012
Indiana Memorial Union
900 East 7th Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
8:00 - 9:00 a.m. Breakfast with President McRobbie, State Room East, 2nd floor (public)
9:00 - 11:30 a.m. Working Session, State Room East, 2nd floor (public)
11:45 a.m. - 12:45p.m. Chair's Lunch with Mr. Tom Reilly, IU Board of Trustees, Federal Room, 2nd floor (public)
1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Commission Meeting, Frangipani Room, Main Level (public)
PURPOSE: Reaching Higher, Achieving More calls for a system of higher education that is Student-Centered, Mision-Driven and Workforce-Aligned. The Commission's work will focus on three Challenges:
Completion: Students and the state are not well served by an empty promise of college access without completion.
Productivity: A more productive higher education system will increase student success and safeguard college affordability.
Quality: Increasing college completion and productivity must not come at the expense of academic quality.
Working Session Agenda
CHE Meeting Agenda
Full agenda (Set up for 1-2 sided printing) link
Minutes of the August 2012 Commission Meeting link
THE PUBLIC SQUARE - DISCUSSION ITEMS
- University Budget Presentations link
RHAM DECISIONS AND OTHER DECISION ITEMS
- Academic Degree Programs
- Associate of Science in Computer Science To Be Offered by Ivy Tech Community College at Valparaiso, South Bend, Fort Wayne, Lafayette, Terre Haute, Columbus, Evansville, Bloomington, and Statewide via Distance Education Technology link Full proposal
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental and Ecological Engineering To Be Offered by Purdue University West Lafayette at West Lafayette link Full proposal
- Approval of New Academic Unit on Which Staff Proposes Expedited Action link
- School of Philanthropy To Be Created at IUPUI
- Capital Projects
- McKinley Commons - Ball State University link
- Lease of Space for Indiana University School of Medicine - IU Health, Inc. Neurosciences Clinical Office Building link
- Capital Projects on Which Staff Proposes Expedited Action link
- Purdue University - West Lafayette Campus: Stewart Center Fire Alarm and Sprinkler System Installation: $4,100,000
- Purdue University - West Lafayette Campus: Zucrow Building Complex Electrical System Replacement: $5,500,000
- Status of Active Requests for New Academic Degree Programs link
- Capital Improvement Projects on Which Staff Have Acted link
- Capital Improvement Projects Awaiting Action link
The next meeting of the Commission will be held on October 19, 2012 in West Lafayette.
PLEASE NOTE: Effective December 2012, the Commission will change its meeting days to Thursdays, based on the second Thursday of each month.
** The Commission for Higher Education abides by the Indiana Open Door Law (Indiana Code 5-14-1.5). All business meetings are open to the public. (Meals will not be provided.)