There's a faster way to get your credential! The BMV offers an Express Credential service to get your credential within just a few days. Here are the details.
- The Express Credential service fee is $25.00.
- The Express Credential service is available for Identification Cards, Learner’s Permits, Driver’s Licenses, and Commercial Driver’s Licenses.
- The Express Credential service is available in branches for new, renew, amends, and replacements.
- If you are eligible for online renewal or replacement, skip the trip to the branch altogether. The Express Credential service is available online at myBMV or on your local BMV Connect kiosk.
- Express Credentials cannot be sent to P.O., A.P.O., or F.P.O boxes.
- It provides prioritized processing and mailing once the credential is printed, not the day following the customer’s transaction.
- Some transactions require additional documentation review that will make this option unavailable during transaction.
The $25 express credential service fee provides prioritized processing and mailing. Occasional delays in verification of an applicant’s documents or image are possible, resulting in an extended processing time.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does it cost to use the Express Credential Service?
The Express Credential service is a $25.00 fee in addition to the fee for your credential.
- Where do I go if I want to use the Express Credential service?
The service is available at your local BMV Connect kiosk or on myBMV for renewals and replacements. While on myBMV you can choose to update your mailing address, email and phone number so the BMV may contact you. Navigate to the "My Information" tab, then click "Update Your Contact Info". You may then update your mailing address, email and phone number. Please note that your mailing address must be correct to receive your credential. Once complete, this is the address we will send your credential to.
- What do I get for my $25.00?
The service provides prioritized processing and mailing. Occasional delays in verification of an applicant’s documents or image are possible, resulting in an extended processing time.
- What could delay processing of my credential when I request the Express Credential service?
Delays will occur when a customer’s application requires additional verification or if the application is incomplete.
- How do I check on the status of my credential?
Log into myBMV at any time and navigate to the "License and ID Cards" tab. From there click "Track Your Recent Renewals". Here you will see if your most recent credential transaction is still in process or if it has been printed or mailed.
- Who will deliver my credential through the Express Credential Service?
Your credential will be delivered through FedEx and will arrive the next business day after the credential is printed. FedEx services operate Monday through Friday.
- How do I get a tracking number for my credential when I use the Express Credential service?
You’ll receive a “shipped” email from PMIGCmail@awrcusa.com with the tracking information and expected delivery date.
Tracking numbers are generated once the carrier has received your credential. Status updates are typically not available until your credential has been picked up by FedEx.
- What do I do if I have not received my credential?
If you received the tracking number, please contact FedEx customer service to see where the delay is using your tracking number.
- How do I request a refund for my Express Credential?
If you believe that you have paid an incorrect fee or where charged for a service in error, please review this page and submit a request for refund.
- Have additional questions regarding the Express Credential service?