Accounting & Reporting
The Accounting and Reporting Department is responsible for creating and maintaining the state's general ledger and centralized accounting system. They prepare and publish reports regarding state fund balances and federal expenditures along with approving general ledger transactions and overseeing the record of state assets. In addition, the department:
- Researches and validates all documents used in the state accounting system. <
- Creates and publishes the state's Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR), which is the official report of the state's financial position.
- Implements new Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements for the state.
The Accounts Payable Department makes all payments for funds distributed by the State of Indiana. These distributions include grants, public aid, tax revenues to schools, vendor payments, and other miscellaneous disbursements. This department also:
- Researches lost or missing state warrants and issues replacements.
- Manages and maintains the vendor file for the State of Indiana, enabling payments and tax reporting to be completed in a timely and efficient manner.
Vendor Information and Voucher Update: The Auditor of State will guarantee, under normal operating conditions, voucher approval and vendor updates will be processed within 10 business days of agency submission. Should extenuating circumstances arise that would cause the AOS not to meet this guarantee, we will communicate directly with agencies and post the notification as quickly as possible.
The Local Government Division is responsible for supervising the enforcement of reporting and auditing of reports filed by counties while also overseeing the collection and distribution of tax revenue money for counties, cities, towns, schools, and other local units of government.
- 2023 Spring Gateway Abstract Manual
- Electronic Payment Policy
- Settlement Forms
- 2019 Gateway Abstract Training Webinar
- Auditor of State Distribution Factors
- Budget Revenue Estimates
- Commercial Vehicle Excise Tax Report (CVET)
- Financial Institutions Tax (FIT)
- Local Motor Vehicle Highway (MVH) & Local Road and Street (LRS) Account
- Local Option Income Tax Reports (LOIT)
- Riverboat Revenue Sharing Distribution
The Payroll Department works with all state agencies to ensure all 33,000+ state employees are paid timely and accurately. Payroll also handles garnishments, employment verifications, and issues W-2s to state employees each year.