Find Resources for Your Creative Business
Running your own business has its pros and cons, and one of its pros is that you don’t have to know and do it all. We recommend getting a professional’s perspective to help you identify what’s most important for you to spend your time, energy, and resources on (and let others handle the other things!).
- Unemployment for Self-Employed Creatives during COVID-19
- Resources to Help You Get Started
- Indiana Arts Commission’s On-Ramp Creative Career Accelerator
- Indiana Small Business Development Center’s free and confidential consult and services for Indiana residents
- Fractured Atlas’s business services, insurance coverage, and project financing specifically for artists
- Minerva Financial Arts’s consulting and topical workshops for artists
- Artist U’s Making Your Life as an Artist guide
- Construyendo Tu Vida Artistica
- Insurance for Artists
- Legal Resources for Artists
- Legacy Resources for Artists
- Artist Unions and Collective Agencies
- Freelancers Union
- National Writers Union
- Actors’ Equity Association
- Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA)
- American Guild of Musical Artists (AGMA)
- American Guild of Variety Artists (AGVA)
- Dancers Alliance
- American Federation of Musicians (AFM)
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE)
- Finance Resources for Artists
- The Artist’s Guide to Personal Finance
- Individual Development Accounts (Matched savings accounts from the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority)
- Community Investment Fund of Indiana (Special project financing through a Community Development Financial Institution)
- Working Artists in the Greater Economy (W.A.G.E.) Fee calculator
- Teaching Artist Pay Rate Calculator
- Student Loan Repayment Calculator
- Learn about the Susu
- Joan Mitchell Foundation’s Estate Planning Workbook
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan
- See Resources for Your Wallet for funding resources!
- Retirement for Artists
- Indiana Small Business Development Centers
Available in every region, Indiana Small Business Development Centers offer free individualized business consulting for artists and other creative entrepreneurs. Learn more.
Listings are not endorsements and do not necessarily represent the views of the Indiana Arts Commission or State of Indiana.
Want to stay in the loop? Subscribe to our newsletters!
Looking to connect with other creatives?
Are we missing something?
Artist and Community Services Manager
Indiana Arts Commission