The Creative Community Pathway is a roadmap for any Indiana community to start, focus, or deepen arts and culture-based strategies to grow community wellbeing.
As a capacity building program, the Pathway aligns your local creative assets - artists, arts and culture strategies, partners and resources - to support your community’s unique goals and dreams. Simultaneously, it organizes a sustainable, healthy creative ecosystem for artists and cultural organizations.
Is the Pathway for us?
Does your community want to grow the arts? Do your residents tell you they want more murals, more festivals, more creative activities for everyone? Are performers looking for a venue, or storefronts looking for tenants? Is art and cultural tourism important to your local economy?
The Creative Community Pathway organizes your efforts using best practices, and provides resources to get you there. The Pathway also directly prepares communities who wish to pursue the Indiana Cultural District designation or the Spotlight Community recognition.
What are the steps?
These steps build on each other. Expectations and recognition increase at each level. The pathway is a tool-- how will cultural development keep you moving toward your community goals?
The IAC supports you along this journey with resources like:
- Best practices
- Evaluation and feedback from a group of experts
- Grant opportunities - Arts Project Support (APS)
- Consultant referral
- Online resources, templates and examples
- Public recognition of Spotlight Communities
- Capacity building events, like the Indiana Arts Homecoming
- Other support as available
How do we start?
- Start with a self-assessment
- Start the Letter of Intent
- Spotlight Community Recognition - information coming soon!
- Start the Cultural District Application
- Designation and funding - information coming soon!
- Leadership and Innovation - information coming soon!
Need some more context and examples? Here’s what we’re geeking out on these days.
- Creative People Power, Springboard for the Arts
- CreateTN, Tennessee Entertainment Commission
- Call Yourself Creative, Colorado Creative Industries
|Letter of intent due||Thursday, March 5, 2020, 4:30 p.m. eastern time|
|Support team site visit or phone call||April 27 - May 1, 2020 (2 hour meeting)|
|Letter of intent approval and Spotlight Community Recognition||Late June 2020|
|Cultural District application due||September 3, 2020, 4:30 p.m. eastern time|
|Panel review||Late October 2020|
|Cultural District Designation announced||Mid December 2020 (by email)|
Sometimes the best way to find what you're looking for is to just talk to someone. Get in touch with the Creative Community Pathway manager, Anna Tragesser, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (317) 232-1281.