Initial Application Process (6 Steps)
The initial Indiana Navigator application consists of steps 1-6 below. Licensed insurance producers and consultants need to only complete steps 3-5 and submit the Designation Form for Licensed Producers and Consultants to IDOI. Each step must be completed before an individual is certified as an Indiana Navigator. Applicants may check the status of their application online at: www.sircon.com/login.html. Application submissions that are still "Pending"/"Under State Review" after 90 days from the submission date will be withdrawn. Once each step is completed and all application materials are submitted to IDOI, the individual will receive a certification approval email. Indiana Navigator certificates can be obtained by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The initial application process is as follows:
- Complete online New Application for Indiana Navigator Certification. There is nonrefundable online filing fee of $50 for Indiana residents and $100 for non-Indiana residents, and a processing fee of $14.40. *Licensed insurance producers and consultants are excluded from this requirement and must submit the Designation Form for Licensed Producers and Consultants.* Applicants may check the status of their application online at: www.sircon.com/login.html. Application submissions will remain "Pending"/"Under State Review" until all 6 Steps are complete. Application submissions still pending/incomplete after 90 days from the submission date will be withdrawn.
- Complete and submit a criminal background check. Visit the Background Check instructions page for more information. *Licensed insurance producers and consultants are excluded from this requirement.*
- Review the Conflict of Interest Policy, then complete and submit the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form.
- Review, sign, and submit the Privacy and Security Agreement.
- Complete precertification training from an IDOI-approved Navigator precertification education (PE) provider. Visit the Precertification Training and Continuing Education page for more information and a list of approved Navigator PE providers.
- Pass certification exam. Follow the Certification Examination Procedure and Guidelines to properly register, schedule, and prepare for the certification examination. *Licensed insurance producers and consultants are excluded from this requirement.*
All forms/documents may be attached electronically to the end of the online application. They may also be submitted to IDOI by either: Email: email@example.com; Fax: 317-232-5251 ("attn: Navigator Director"); or Mail: Indiana Department of Insurance, c/o Navigator Director, 311 W. Washington St., Ste. 300, Indianapolis, IN 46204.