2018 Winners of the Governor's Workplace Safety Awards and Everyday Safety Hero Award
The State Recognized 11 Hoosier Employers and Six Working Heroes for Exemplary Occupational Safety and Health
INSafe is your partner in workplace safety and health
State Occupational Injury and Illness Rate Hits Historic Low
Welcome to the Indiana Department of Labor
The mission of the Indiana Department of Labor is to advance the safety, health and prosperity of Hoosiers in the workplace. In order to make significant strides in achieving our mission, we emphasize both enforcement and voluntary compliance for employers. Our office administers the IOSHA program, state wage and hour and child labor laws, as well as underground coal mine safety. We also have many free training and educational resources available to the public through our INSafe Division. Finally, our Quality, Metrics & Statistics Division counts, measures and tracks trends internally and externally. Our goal is to help make Indiana a great place to work and to do business. Let us know how we can help you!
Just Added or Recently Updated
- Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries Report and Analysis is now available! - NEW
- 2017 Winter Edition of INdiana Labor Insider is now available!
- Hoosier Workplace Injuries & Illnesses Lowest in State History: 2016 SOII Report and Analysis
- IDOL 2017 Quarter 3 Performance Metrics Now Available!
- Fall Edition of INdiana Labor Insider is Now Available!
- 2018 Governor's Workplace Safety Award and Everyday Safety Hero Award Applications Now Available!