Wednesday, December 12, 2012Commission for Higher Education
101 W. Ohio St., Ste. 550
Indianapolis, IN 46204
6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Academic Affairs & Quality Subcommittee Meeting, Weldon Board Room
Anyone wishing to attend via conference call should contact our office for
call-in instructions at: email@example.com
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Ivy Tech Community College
Illinois Fall Creek Center
2535 N. Capitol Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Reserved parking will be available for Commission members and staff in the "CHE Parking" area indicated on the map. All other guests are to park in the "Student and Guest Parking" in the blue area.
8:00 - 9:00 a.m. Chair's Breakfast, with President Thomas Snyder,
Chancellor's Conference Room, 3rd floor
9:00 - 11:30 a.m. Working Session, Community Room, 1st floor
11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. Lunch, Community Room
1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Commission Meeting, Community Room
PURPOSE: Reaching Higher, Achieving More calls for a system of higher education that is Student-Centered, Mission-Driven and Workforce-Aligned. The Commission's work will focus on three Challenges:
Completion: Students and the state are not well served by an empty promise of college access without completion.
Productivity: A more productive higher education system will increase student success and safeguard college affordability.
Quality: Increasing college completion and productivity must not come at the expense of academic quality.
Working Session Agenda
CHE Meeting Itinerary and Agenda
Full agenda booklet (Set up for 1-2 sided printing) link
Minutes of the November 2012 Commission Meeting link
THE PUBLIC SQUARE - Productivity
- Student Financial Literacy and Borrowing - A Panel Discussion link
- Mr. Joseph Wood, President and CEO, ISM Education Loans
- Ms. Denise Feser, Senior Vice President, School and Student Services, USA Funds
- Mr. Dave Murray, President, National Center for College Costs handout
- Dr. Neil Theobald, Senior Vice President and CFO, Indiana University
RHAM DECISIONS AND OTHER DECISION ITEMS
- Academic Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene to be offered by Indiana University Northwest at Gary link
- 2013-15 Postsecondary Budget Recommendations link
- Proposals for New Degree Programs, Schools, or Colleges Awaiting Commission Action link
- Requests for Degree Program Related Changes on Which Staff Have Taken Routine Staff Action link
- Capital Improvement Projects on Which Staff Have Acted link
- Capital Improvement Projects Awaiting Action link
- Calendar of Upcoming Meetings of the Commission link
The next meeting of the Commission will be held on Thursday, February 14, 2013 in Indianapolis.
** The Commission for Higher Education abides by the Indiana Open Door Law (Indiana Code 5-14-1.5). All business meetings are open to the public. (Meals will not be provided for the general public.)