Info Agency Main Banner Content
Schedule of Attorney Fees
(a) As used in this section, "attorney's fees" means the fees requested for compensation for service provided by an attorney to a claimant under the worker's compensation law and the worker's occupational diseases law as provided under section 3(b)(3) of this chapter.
(b) As used in this section, "board" refers to the worker's compensation board of Indiana established by section 1 of this chapter.
(c) As used in this section, "claim" refers to a claim for compensation under IC 22-3-2 through IC 22-3-7 filed with the board.
(d) The following schedule of attorney's fees applies to an attorney who represents a claimant before the board when the claim for compensation results in a recovery:
(1) A minimum of two hundred dollars ($200).
(2) Twenty percent (20%) of the first fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) of recovery.
(3) Fifteen percent (15%) of the recovery in excess of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000).
(4) Ten percent (10%) of the value of:
(A) unpaid medical expenses;
(B) out-of-pocket medical expenses; or
(C) future medical expenses.
(e) The board maintains continuing jurisdiction over all attorney's fees in cases before the board and may order a different attorney's fee or allowance in a particular case.
- Billing Review Service Registration
- CAUSE System
- Confirm Employer's Worker's Comp Coverage
- Confirm First Report Filing
- Contractor Search
- Coverage Election Search
- Dispute Termination of Benefits
- Find a Comp Attorney
- Forms Portal
- Non-Compliant Employer Reporting
- Online Payment Options
- Public Records Request
- Request a Certificate of Compliance
- Search Disputed Claims
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center