Language Translation
  Close Menu
Agency Spotlight Icon


Agency Spotlight Icon


Agency Spotlight Icon


Agency Spotlight Icon


Agency Spotlight Icon


Agency Spotlight Icon

Qualified Schools

Agency Spotlight Icon


Agency Spotlight Icon

State Testing

Quick Links

Individual Provider Log-In

Click below to log-in to the application portal!

Apply Now

Business Entities Log-In

Click below to log-in to the application portal!
Apply Now

Provider Agreement

This agreement outlines the rights and responsibilities of Participating Entities in the ESA program.
Click Here

Provider Handbook

With enhancements to the program in law, all handbooks are under revision.  We’ll be announcing handbooks soon.
Coming soon

Provider Eligibility Checklist

Individual providers will be required to provide an active professional license along with any other certifications they may hold to verify their ability to provide the services they have indicated on their application.

Business Entities will be required to submit the follow with their application:

  • Proof of business registration in Indiana
    • Copy of business license, articles of incorporation, LLC documentation, non-profit charter, etc.
  • Proof of all accreditations that they may hold upon application
  • List of all employed providers with the following:
    • Employee full, legal name
    • Employee Certification and/or Professional License Number(s)
    • Employee National Provider Identifier (NPI) number (if applicable)

Additionally, businesses with multiple service locations must submit separate applications for each location.

Qualified Schools will be required to provide the following with their application:

  • Proof of accreditation
    • State Accreditation
    • Third-Party Accreditation:
      • Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventists Schools, Colleges, and Universities (AASDAS)
      • American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)
      • Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
      • Christian Schools International (CSI)
      • Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
      • International Christian Accrediting Association (ICAA)
      • National Lutheran Schools Accreditation (NLSA)
      • Cognia/AdvancED
      • Accrediting Commission for Schools Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACSWASC)
      • Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
  • School Identification (ID) number
  • Copy of tuition & fee schedule
  • Copy of discount policy

They will also need to designate a single person to act as a representative during the application process.

Public and Charter schools that would like to offer individual courses, programs, or extracurricular activities will be required to provide their school number upon application.

*Students may not be enrolled in the public school or public charter school as a full time student

Required Documentation

  • Individual Tutor/Teaching Service Professional

    An individual tutor must hold one of the following:

    • A current, valid Indiana teaching certificate for the subject or grade level
    • A Baccalaureate or graduate degree in Math, Reading, English, STEM focus or Elementary Education
    • Provide documentation from school corporation or business documenting that you are or have worked as tutor/teaching service for a minimum of 2 years.

    All ESA approved Tutors/Teaching Service Professionals will need to provide the current billing rate for services provided.

  • Paraprofessional or Educational Aide

    An Paraprofessional must hold one of the following:

    • Two -year college degree
    • Passed a ParaPro Assessment
    • Child Development Associate Credentials (CDA)
    • Completed LEA required professional development training modules
    • Provide documentation from school corporation or business documenting that you are or have worked as paraprofessional for a minimum of 2 years.

    For more information on how to become a paraprofessional please click here.

    All ESA approved paraprofessionals will need to provide the current billing rate for services provided.

Types of Providers and Qualified Expenses


  • Qualified schools
  • An individual tutor or tutoring company
  • A licensed therapist or therapy company
  • An individual or entity that provides a service to a student with a disability as part of their individualized education program, service plan, or as prescribed by the eligible student’s treating physician
  • An individual or entity that offers a course or program to an eligible student
  • Entities that provide assessments

Qualified Expenses

  • Tuition and fees at a qualified school, public school, or other participating entity
  • Fees for certain student assessments and examinations
  • Educational services for an eligible student who is a student with a disability
  • Payments associated with the use of paraprofessional or educational aides
  • Payments associated for receiving therapeutic services
  • Services contracted for and provided by a school corporation, charter school, magnet school, or qualified school, such as individual classes, extracurricular activities, or additional programs, resources, or staffing as part of the student’s IEP or ISP
  • Fee for service transportation to and from approved provider
  • Tuition and fees to attend training programs and camps that have a focus on: vocational skills; academic skills; life skills; independence; or soft job skills
  • Additional services and therapies prescribed by the eligible student’s treating physician

Provider FAQs

  • Should I apply as a business or an individual?

    If you have a business with employees and you plan to invoice families for services those employees provide, apply as a business entity. If you are an individual with a business that is licensed in the state of Indiana and do not currently have employees but plan on hiring in the future, apply as a business entity. Individuals who are providing services not in accordance with a business should apply as an individual.  Ask yourself, "Do I work for a business that has an LLC or articles of incorporation or do I provide services under my own license?". If you provide services under your own license, apply as an individual.

  • How do I become an Indiana ESA provider? Are there any requirements or costs?

    Providers wishing to accept payments from scholarship accounts must submit an application to the Treasurer of State’s office.  Each applicant may be asked to provide proof of accreditation, licensure, certification or any other supporting documentation. There are no costs associated with application.

  • How does the payment process work?

    Upon application approval, you will be sent a link to register for a ClassWallet account. ClassWallet is the ESA financial management platform where students will be able to pay you utilizing their ESA scholarship funds. ClassWallet registration involves linking a bank account. This process can take a few days due to the micro-deposit verification step. More information about account registration can be found here:

    All ESA payments will be made in arrears, after services have been provided. Once services are rendered to an ESA student, providers will produce an invoice for the student. The family is responsible for taking that invoice and uploading it into ClassWallet, where they will select the provider and indicate how much the invoice is for. An ESA Account Specialist will verify the information on the invoice matches with what was submitted to ClassWallet. If everything is matching, the invoice will be approved and both the family and the provider will be sent a notification. Within 7-10 business days, providers will see the funds from the invoice deposited into the bank account registered with ClassWallet. If there is a discrepancy with the submitted invoice, an ESA Account Specialist will reach out to the provider to resolve the issue.

  • Are there are any restrictions on how much I am able to charge for a service provided to an ESA student?

    No. The ESA Office will not dictate what an individual, business, or school can charge for a specific service or program. Those decisions are left up to the inidivudal entity to decide. The only stipulation the ESA Office is responsible for ensuring is that ESA students are not charged more for the same services as a simialrily situationed non-ESA student.

  • What documentation is required during the application?

    Documentation required will vary by the type of service provided but generally, we will need to see a business license as well as any certifications or licensure associated with the service being provided (Ex. BCBA license for those providing Autism therapy).

  • Can families use other methods of payments?

    If a student has a remaining balance to a provider after all ESA funds have been used, the balance may be paid through another payment method. Families may also choose to pay tuition and fees by other means and use ESA for other qualified expenses. Families are responsible for any leftover balance after ESA funds are used.

  • What are the reporting or administrative responsibilities associated with participating in this program?

    After your application has been approved and you have verified your bank account with ClassWallet, other than providing invoices to ESA students in an accurate and timely manner, there are no additional reporting or administrative responsibilities associated with participation in ESA.

ClassWallet FAQs

For additional information, please send us an email!

 Top FAQs