Language Translation
  Close Menu

Quick Links

Individual Provider

Click the button below to apply as an Individual Provider!
Apply Now

Business Entities

Click the button below to apply as a Business Entity!
Apply Now

Qualified School

Click the button below to apply as a Qualified School!
Apply Now

Eligible Student

Parent applications are closed and will open again on March 1, 2024 for the 2023-24 school year. Click the button below to log-in to your account!

Student Eligibility Checklist

Student must be a resident of the state of Indiana.

Families will need to provide a document with their most current address listed. This could include one of the following:

  • Tax Return
  • The most recent utility or mortgage bill
  • A lease/rental agreement
  • Voter registration documents
  • Photo ID

Student must be K-12 grade level and are 5 years of age, and less than 22 years of age by October 1 of the anticipated school year of participation. Families will be required to provide a birth certificate to prove the student is between the ages of 5-22 years old.

Student must have a disability and require special education.  Student must submit a complete copy of an Individualized Education Program (IEP), Service Plan (SP), or ESA Service Plan (ESA SP).

Student must be a member of a household with an annual income of not more than four hundred percent (400%) of the amount required for the individual to qualify for the federal free or reduced-price lunch. Proof of total household size and income must be accurate and submitted for each household member, including any income from the Eligible Student, regardless of the amount. It is the responsibility of the parents to provide supporting documentation for each household member during application.

Your current 1040 Tax Return is the preferred method to prove income eligibility. If members of the same household filed a separate Federal Tax Return, then each member of the household must submit their current Federal Tax Return. The amount used to determine eligibility is based on total (gross) income before any taxes or deductions. This is typically found on Line 9 on the 1040 tax form.

Other acceptable forms of proof of income are:

  • W-2 for each household member
  • Unemployment compensation statement for each household member
  • 1099 and/or statements from banks or other financial institutions showing interest earnings for each household member
  • Earnings from investments, bonds, estates, or trust accounts for each household member
  • Social Security statements for each household member
  • Pension or annuity statements for each household member
  • Military retirement benefits statement for each household member

*For additional household members, add $28,527.

Household Size*Program Limit (400% of federal limit)

Provider Eligibility Checklist

Individual providers will be required to provide an active professional license along with any other certifications they may hold to verify their ability to provide the services they have indicated on their application.

For example, for individuals wishing to participate as tutors, an Indiana state teaching license or a bachelor's degree in a related field is required.

Business Entities will be required to submit the follow with their application:

  • Proof of business registration in Indiana
    • Copy of business license, articles of incorporation, LLC documentation, non-profit charter, etc.
  • Proof of all accreditations that they may hold upon application
  • List of all employed providers with the following:
    • Employee full, legal name
    • Employee Certification and/or Professional License Number(s)
    • Employee National Provider Identifier (NPI) number (if applicable)

Additionally, businesses with multiple service locations must submit separate applications for each location.

Qualified Schools will be required to provide the following with their application:

  • Proof of accreditation
    • State Accreditation
    • Third-Party Accreditation:
      • Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventists Schools, Colleges, and Universities (AASDAS)
      • American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)
      • Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
      • Christian Schools International (CSI)
      • Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
      • International Christian Accrediting Association (ICAA)
      • National Lutheran Schools Accreditation (NLSA)
      • Cognia/AdvancED
      • Accrediting Commission for Schools Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACSWASC)
      • Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
  • School Identification (ID) number
  • Copy of tuition & fee schedule
  • Copy of discount policy

They will also need to designate a single person to act as a representative during the application process.

Public and Charter schools that would like to offer individual courses, programs, or extracurricular activities will be required to provide their school number upon application.

*Students may not be enrolled in the public school or public charter school as a full time student

Required Documentation

  • Individual Tutor

    An individual tutor must hold one of the following:

    • a current, valid Indiana teaching certificate for the subject or grade level
    • A Baccalaureate or graduate degree in Math, Reading, English, STEM focus or Elementary Education

    All ESA approved Tutors will need to provide the current billing rate for services provided.

  • Paraprofessional

    Paraprofessional requirements:

    • Two -year college degree
    • Passed a ParaPro Assessment
    • Child Development Associate Credentials (CDA)
    • Completed LEA required professional development training modules
    • Provide documentation from school corporation or business documenting that you are or have worked as paraprofessional for a minimum of 2yrs.

    For more information on how to become a paraprofessional please click here.

    All ESA approved paraprofessionals will need to provide the current billing rate for services provided.

For additional information, please send us an email!

 Top FAQs