2022-2023 AmeriCorps State Funding Opportunity
Serve Indiana is seeking high quality applicant organizations for 2022-2023 AmeriCorps State funding. AmeriCorps State provides opportunities for individuals to make an intensive commitment to service with the goal of “helping others and meeting critical needs in the community.” This is a national program administered by AmeriCorps, formerly knows as the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). AmeriCorps provides grants to national and local nonprofits, schools, government agencies, faith-based and community organizations, and other groups committed to strengthening their communities through service and volunteering.
In Indiana, the AmeriCorps*State grant is administered by Serve Indiana. Serve Indiana manages the grant application process for AmeriCorps*State, including issuing requests for proposals, conducting application reviews, and awarding grants. It also provides training and technical assistance to support sub-grantees and in turn, monitors programs, host-sites, and members to ensure compliance to federal and state grant requirements. The performance of each program is tracked and measured to established targets and outcomes.
For information on other types of AmeriCorps funding, please visit: https://americorps.gov/partner/funding-opportunities
Please email email@example.com with your availability to set-up a meeting.
All New and Re-compete applicants are encouraged to set up a consultation time with Serve Indiana prior to starting the application.
2022-2023 Serve Indiana Competitive NOFO and Application materials (these materials are only for currently funded Competitive programs)
Competitive Application Instructions: updated 9.17.2021
Performance Measures Instructions
22-23 Competitive Changes at a glance
2022-2023 Serve Indiana Formula NOFO and Application material (all New applicants are considered for Formula funding only)
Formula Application Instructions: updated 9.17.2021
Formula Application Template
Performance Measures Instructions
22-23 Formula Changes at a glance
Serve Indiana is releasing one NOFO and Application Instruction document for both their Fall and Spring application dates. It is the responsibility of applicant to know their type of application and due date.
Please note, the documents may mention a January 2022 due date. This is an AmeriCorps deadline for Serve Indiana. Please follow the dates written in the documents and below.
Notice of intent to apply (required for New, Re-Compete, & Competitive Applicants): October 1, 2021
- Fall application due date (required for New, Re-Compete, & Competitive Applicants): November 2, 2021
- Notice of intent to apply (required for Continuation Applicants): February 1, 2022
- Spring continuation applications (for current Formula programs only) due date: March 9, 2022
Applicants are encouraged to write their application outside the eGrants system prior to submission. Below are several templates available for applicants to use to write their grants.
Please note that you must follow Serve Indiana's deadlines
- 2021 AmeriCorps State & National Grant Competition: Best Practices in Writing an Evaluation Plan*
Pre-Recorded Webinar: https://youtu.be/jnsX9unZi50
Pre-Recorded Webinar Resources: Best Practices in Writing an Evaluation Plan Handout, PowerPoint
- 2021 AmeriCorps State & National Grant Competition: Best Practices in Evaluation Reporting*
Pre-Recorded Webinar: https://youtu.be/Kz7mbkW_Spg
Pre-Recorded Webinar Resources: PowerPoint
- Best Practices in Budget Development
- Part 1: What is AmeriCorps? The Basics of AmeriCorps, AmeriCorps State Funding, & Program Management
- Part 2: Application Review
- Part 3: Logic Models, Budget, & Performance Measures
Grant Application Review Process Assistance.
- This webinar covered the basics of AmeriCorps State funding in Indiana, best practices for creating an application, frequently asked questions, and additional questions from those in attendance. This should be reviewed in conjunction with the application materials and other technical assistance provided on this website.
Any National Direct applying to host members in Indiana should complete Serve Indiana’s National Direct Consultation form survey. This link can be located here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FWVFCRN. Following a submission, the National Direct applicant should expect an email from a Serve Indiana staff member confirming the survey. For an information webinar please visit, https://amsc.memberclicks.net/national-direct-consultation.
For questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.