NOTICE: We do not confirm receipt of items as they are received.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for review of applications and documentation. Upon review of application and additional documentation, you will be notified by email of any missing items.
You may also log onto your MyLicense account to view updates as they are processed. Allow 4-6 weeks for processing of submitted items. Items are processed in the order they are received.
Applicants are responsible for reviewing the application information for their license type for a full list of requirements. Application information for all licenses can be found in the Board's Licensing Information section. Status updates for new applications will not be provided over the phone.
- Apply for, Renew, or Maintain your license and more!
- Application Instruction
- Renewal Instructions
- Fee Schedule
To file a complaint against a provider, please use the link below. All complaints are investigated by the Attorney General's Office and are confidential unless formal charges are filed by the Attorney General's Office with the Board. For more information, the Attorney General's Office may be contacted at 317-232-6201.
Information on the process of submitting a Consumer complaint can be found on the Consumer Complaint Process page.
Amy Hall, Board Director
Chris Shea-Russell, Assistant Board Director
Staff Email: email@example.com
Staff Phone Number: (317) 234-3022
The Indiana Public Licensing Agency and Private Investigator & Security Guard Licensing Board cannot provide legal advice or interpretation. For additional support, please contact an attorney.
- Statutes & Rules
- Chapter 1. Private Investigator Firm Licensing
- Chapter 1.3. Security Guard Agency Licensing
- Chapter 1.5. Repealed
- Chapter 1. Evidence of License Applicant's Payment of Personal Property Taxes Required
- Chapter 1.1. Effect of Criminal Convictions on Licensed or Registered Persons
- Chapter 1.2 Effect of Delinquency in Child Support Payments on Licensed or Registered Persons
- Chapter 2. Renewal of Licenses Granted by State Agencies. Notice of Expiration
- Chapter 3. Civil Immunity of Regulatory Agencies
- Chapter 4. Continuing Education
- Chapter 6. Professional Licensing Agency
- Chapter 7. Investigation and Prosecution of Complaints Concerning Regulated Occupations
- Chapter 8. Occupational and Professional Licensure, Registration, and Certification Fees
- Chapter 10. Reserved
- Chapter 11. Professional Licensing Standards of Practice
- Chapter 12. Renewal of Licenses Held by Individuals in Military Service
- Chapter 14. Meetings
- Chapter 16. Evaluation of Regulated Occupations
- Chapter 17. Licensure of Individuals with Military Training; Licensure of Military Spouses
INDIANA ADMINISTRATIVE CODE
- Rule 1. General Provisions
- Rule 2. Private Investigator Firm Licensing
- Rule 3. Security Guard Agency Licensing
- Rule 1. General Provisions