Language Translation
  Close Menu
  • Controlled Substances Registrations (CSR) for non-practitioners and facilities expire December 31 of odd-numbered years.
  • CSR renewal fee is $100. There are fee exemptions for certain non-practitioners and facilities; please see below for more information!
  • Renewal is available online at MyLicense. Fee exempt non-practitioners or facilities please see below.
  • For more information regarding the renewal process please visit our renewal forms page.

Fee Exempt Non-Practitioners and Facilities

856 IAC 2-3-11 allows the Board to waive registration and renewal fees for the following:

  • any official or agency of the U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, Veterans' Administration or Public Health Service who or which is authorized to procure or purchase controlled substances for official use; and
  • any official, employee, or other civil officer of the United States, or any State, or any political subdivision or agency thereof, who or which is authorized to purchase controlled substances, to obtain such substances from official stocks, to dispense or administer such substances, to conduct research, instructional activities, or chemical analysis with such substances in the course of his or its official duties or employment.

If you are a fee exempt non-practitioner or facility, you need to complete the paper renewal application in full, write "fee exempt" at the top of the form, and mail it to our office.  Even though you are not submitting a fee, you cannot submit the renewal application by fax or e-mail because we need the original signature on the form for our records.

Fee Exempt Paper Renewal Form


If you have questions, please e-mail the Board at

 Top FAQs