Indiana Site Certified
The Indiana Site Certified program certifies sites that are ready for economic development. Communities of any size may apply for the designation through the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs.
Indiana recognizes three tiers of readiness: Silver, Gold, and Prime.
- The Silver tier defines boundaries with a clear title, establishes a price, demonstrates executive level local government support, defines utility capacity and distance, and provides documentation such as Phase I environmental assessment, ALTA, topographical, and property layout.
- The Gold tier builds upon Silver by requiring a minimum of 20 contiguous acres, a location no more than 5 miles from a state highway, a completed geotechnical study, a seismic hazard map, proper zoning, a desktop archaeological investigation, an area free from recognized environmental concern and a requirement that utilities be located to the property line or future builds be located in public right-of-way.
- utilities be located to the property line or future build be located in public right-of-way, and area be free from recognized environment concerns.
- The Prime tier builds upon Gold by requiring 30 contiguous acres, a location no more than 2.5 miles from a state highway, and an archaeological investigation. In addition, the LUG, LEDO or REDO must own the property or an option must be held with the owner.
Indiana Site Certified sites are featured on Indiana’s Site Selector Database and will be included in the Indiana Economic Development Corporation’s (IEDC) marketing materials.
Site data and documentation is reviewed by the FASTeam (Fast Access Site Team). Sites are responsible for providing annual updates in order to maintain a current inventory.
Applications for certification are accepted on a rolling basis. The first step is to contact your OCRA Community Liaison who will be able to offer current program details, evaluate readiness to proceed, and provide application instructions.
On behalf of the community, OCRA will engage the multiple state agency FASTeam for prompt approval and certification.
- Indiana Site Certified Information Sheet
- Indiana Site Certified Checklist
- **Desktop Archaeological Investigations for both Gold and Prime Tier are conducted by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources as part of the review process. Applicants do not need to provide a desktop-archaeological investigation.**
- Indiana Site Certified Glossary
- Access eGMS: https://indianaegms.force.com/Grants/s/login/
To access Zoom prospector to check the status of your site, please visit Indiana Site Locator Database
Need help adding your site to Zoom Prospector? Contact Sarah Salisbury, IEDC at ssalisbury@iedc.IN.gov.