Welcome to the 2022 Grant Administrator Training
The Grant Administrator Training will be a combination of virtual and in-person classes. If you are interested in becoming a certified Grant Administrator, you will need to take CDBG 101, CDBG 201, CDBG 301, CDBG 401, a case study and pass with a minimum of 75% on each exam.
If you are a certified Grant Administrator, each course except CDBG 101 is worth one "continuing ed" credit.
2022 Grant Administrator Training Registration Now Open
Click here to register for any of the 2022 GA Training courses
GA Training Schedule
Note: All classes must be taken in order to receive credit. CDBG 101 will not need to be retaken for individuals who have already passed this course in April. Certified Grant Administrators who are taking 201 and 301 for continuing ed credit must take the corresponding exam to receive credit.
- Tuesday, June 7, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. – CDBG 101 Part 1 Training*
- Wednesday, June 8, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. - CDBG 101 Part 2 Training*
- Tuesday, June 21, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.- CDBG 201 Part 1 Training*
- Wednesday, June 22, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. - CDBG 201 Part 2 Training*
- Friday, June 24, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.- CDBG 201 Part 3 Training **
- Monday, Aug. 29, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - CDBG 301 Part 1*
- Tuesday, Aug. 30, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - CDBG 301 Part 2 *
- Wednesday, Aug. 31, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – CDBG 301 Part 3*
- Thursday, Sept. 1, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - CDBG 301 Part 4 TENTATIVE**
- Friday, Sept. 2 – CDBG CASE STUDY 401 Opens
- Friday, Oct. 7 – CDBG CASE STUDY 401 Due
*Training is virtual through Microsoft Teams.
**Event is tentatively scheduled as an in-person study session. These events are subject to change based on capacity level and interest.
To subscribe to the email list for the latest training updates click here.
Classes Available and Descriptions
*We are updating these descriptions as we open courses*
Understanding the foundation of the CDBG grant is essential to all its stakeholders. Throughout the grant cycle, you will need a foundation of CDBG to assist a community. The best applications are achieved when communities are knowledgeable. This course will help you answer basic questions about the CDBG program.
May be attended by City, Town or County elected officials, engineers, architects or others who desire a basic knowledge of the CDBG program.
Required by anyone who wants to become a certified grant administrator, as a prerequisite to additional required training.
Completion of this course will NOT entitle the recipient to provide Grant Administration professional services.
CDBG 101 Resources and Links
CDBG 201 Resources and Links
CDBG 301 Resources and Links
CDBG Resources and Links