The Vanderburgh County Health Department is the third health department in Indiana to receive accreditation.
Becoming an Accredited Health Department embodies a commitment to national standards set by the Public Health Accreditation Board. This certification ensures that the Vanderburgh County Health Department will strive for continuous improvement, increase our credibility within public health, and proves we are accountable to the community we serve.
We exist to serve our clients and community.
We will work with our community partners to:
- Develop and provide quality health care services
- Promote healthy lifestyles
- Protect against and prevent the spread of disease
- Assure preparedness to achieve and maintain the best public health for our community
A strong vibrant Health Department recognized as a leading advocate for the health and well-being of the community.
- Customer and community focus – We are mindful and responsive to all needs.
- Collaboration – Together, we create a healthier community.
- Integrity – We strive to be respectful, fair, and honest with our coworkers and community.
- Preparedness – We are ready to respond to threats and emergencies.
- Prevention and promotion – We stand against disease and stand for healthy living.
- Protection and advocacy – We fight for vulnerable populations
- Continuous quality improvement – We continue to nurture and strengthen the culture of quality at the Vanderburgh County Health Department.