Language Translation
  Close Menu


  • How do I file a complaint against a food outlet?

    You can call the Sanitarian of Orange County at (812) 723-7112 ext. 1 and give a verbal complaint by phone, or you can come into our department and fill out a complaint form by hand. You can file a complaint anonymously, however, we NEVER divulge the name of the complainant to the food establishment.

  • What should I do if I’m interested in buying or building a food outlet?

    Please contact the Environmental Health Specialist in the Food Division BEFORE purchasing a food outlet so that you can review the outlets past inspections. When you assume ownership, you are responsible for bringing the establishment into compliance with the Indiana State Health Code. Before remodeling or building a food outlet, you are required to submit blueprints and plans for review and approval.

  • How much will a food permit cost me?

    Yearly food permits are $100 per location.