The Vital Records staff processes and maintains all birth and death events that have occurred in Kosciusko County only.
Certified copies of birth and death records can be obtained at the Kosciusko County Health Department, Vital Records Division.
Our birth and death records begin in 1882. We also have obituaries available from the local newspaper beginning in 1972.
- Death Certificates are $10.00 each, plus a $1.00 postage
- Birth Certificate Combo Pack $10.00, plus a $1.00 postage
- Includes 1 full and 1 wallet size
- Genealogy Reports $10.00, plus a $1.00 postage
- Per the list of 5 names
- Death Certificate Application: Online | Printable
- Birth Certificate Application: Online | Printable
- Genealogy Request Form: Online | Printable
Other duties of the Vital Records division include:
Registration of home births - Please call 574-372-2349 for instructions on what documentation is needed and to schedule an appointment.
Amendments - Please call 574-372-2349 for information.
Paternity Affidavits - Please call Sara at 574-372-2349 to set up an appointment.
Genealogy - Reports are prepared on birth records over 75 years old and death records over 50 years old.
To Obtain Apostille Birth Certificate:
Apostille is the authentication of a document by the Secretary of State. It cannot be processed at the local health department. It must be purchased from the Indiana State Department of Health. Birth and death certificates can also be purchased through the Indiana State Department of Health. Contact by phone at (317) 234-8156.