The Kosciusko County Health Department's Early Prenatal Clinic: a free "first appointment" for pregnant women following a needs assessment appointment. Pregnant Women have an opportunity to begin prenatal care while in the process of applying for Medicaid or waiting for physician care. Services Provided:
- Past current health/obstetrical screening
- Prenatal blood work/labs drawn
- Assessment of fetal heart rate with the Doppler monitor
- Urine analysis
- Referrals to physicians for prenatal care
- Referrals to agencies for support of pregnancy
- Prenatal Vitamins given
- Pregnancy Testing and Confirmation
- Assistance and referrals for the Medicaid process
- Education on prenatal and newborn care
- Questions are welcome and support provided
Income Eligibility is based on WIC/MCH Guidelines
Appointments to physician's offices are scheduled for the patient while she's at the prenatal clinic. The medical history form and lab results are delivered to the physician prior to her scheduled appointment.
Please call (574) 267-7028 to make an appointment.