** Any Disturbing of the Septic Absorption Field Site will Result in a Septic Permit Being Denied or Voided. Disturbance Could Be; Excavation, rutting, compaction, removal, or addition of any dirt/topsoil.
Steps to Obtain a Septic Permit
- Obtain a Soil Evaluation of the proposed septic absorption field.
- Fill out Septic Application and return it to Jennings County Health
- Provide Health Department with a copy of proposed Floor Plans.
- Then and only then a Septic Specification Sheet will be completed by the Jennings County Health Department. Also, a list of Certified Septic Contractors will be provided to you.
- Septic Permit may be issued.
- ONLY Jennings County Certified Septic Contractors May install/Repair a Septic System in Jennings County.
Failure to perform any of the above steps could result in a septic permit not being issued.
A current list of Septic Installers can be obtained from our office or emailed to you.