About the Program
Since 2008, the Hoosier Women Artists program has celebrated and further expanded the important role art plays in our communities by showcasing the work of talented female artists throughout the state. Female artists living in Indiana are encouraged to submit artwork for consideration to be displayed in the Statehouse office of a female elected official.
- Lieutenant Governor Suzanne Crouch
- Secretary of Education Dr. Katie Jenner
- Auditor of State Tera Klutz
- Chief Justice Loretta Rush
In addition, First Lady Janet Holcomb also selects pieces to be displayed in the Governor’s Residence each year.
The program is a partnership between the Office of the Lieutenant Governor, Treasurer of State and the Indiana Arts Commission.
- The pieces must be framed or otherwise ready to hang on a wall
- Maximum dimensions including the frame: 42” x 60”
- Must be installation-ready, including frame and hanging wires
- One entry per artist
- Artist must identify as female
To view the 2023 honorees, CLICK HERE.
About the Indiana Arts Commission
The mission of the Indiana Arts Commission is to positively impact the cultural, economic, and educational climate of Indiana by providing responsible leadership for and public stewardship of artistic resources for all of our state's citizens and communities. Learn more at https://www.in.gov/arts/.
Communications and Community Engagement Manager
Indiana Arts Commission