Video Service Providers
Providers of video service in Indiana must also hold a video service franchise from the Commission, the sole video franchise authority in Indiana as of 2006. The Communications Division assists the Commission and provides recommendations regarding applications for video service providers (VSPs). The Commission does not regulate the rates and charges for video service, nor does it regulate programming and pricing options offered by VSPs to Indiana customers. Through its Consumer Affairs Division, the Commission does enforce the federal customer service standards established by the FCC.
To contact the Communications Division, call 317-232-2785.
Learn more about the Communications Division’s authority involving telecommunications and information services here.
Administrative Materials and Forms
- Local Governmental Units
- Video Franchise Fee form | PDF
- Video Service Providers (VSPs)
- Certificate of Franchise Authority: Application | Instructions
- Notice of Change for VSPs | Form | Instructions
- Direct Marketing Authority | Resources
Industry Reports and National Issues
- FCC Video/Cable Customer Service Standards 47 CFR 76.309 | GAO 2007-2