HEA 1278 Energy Study
The Indiana General Assembly in House Enrolled Act 1278 (2019) tasked the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (“Commission”) with conducting a study of the statewide impacts of transitions in fuel sources and other electric generation resources, as well as the impacts of new and emerging technologies impacting electric generation and distribution infrastructure, on electric generation capacity, system reliability, system resilience, and the cost of electric utility service for consumers. As part of this study, the State Utility Forecasting Group will be modeling future scenarios, and the Commission and its staff sought input.
A stakeholder meeting was held on August 22, 2019, at 1:00 p.m., in IURC Room 222 (located on the mezzanine level of the PNC Center), 101 W. Washington Street, in downtown Indianapolis. Dr. Doug Gotham from the State Utility Forecasting Group provided an overview of his modeling system, including its capabilities and limitations. Following his presentation, Commission staff and Dr. Gotham were on-hand to answer any questions regarding the modeling or scenario development process.
After the August 22nd stakeholder meeting, Commission staff requested that stakeholders provide input regarding key scenario variables and sensitivities. Commission staff will be providing strawman draft scenarios to submit for public comment. The strawman draft scenarios and all written stakeholder comments will be posted below.
If you would like to sign up for the Commission's distribution email list to receive important updates, please email URCComments@urc.in.gov.
Dr. Doug Gotham Presentation | PDF
Commission Staff Presentation | PDF
- Alliance for Industrial Efficiency | PDF
- Clean Grid Alliance | PDF
- Citizens Action Coalition | PDF
- Duke Energy Indiana | PDF
- Indiana Coal Council | PDF
- Indiana Energy Association | PDF
- Indiana Industrial Energy Consumers, Inc. (INDIEC) | PDF
- Indiana Michigan Power Company (I&M) | PDF
- Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) | PDF
- Indianapolis Power & Light (IPL) | PDF
- Midwest Cogeneration Association | PDF
- Northern Indiana Public Service Company, LLC (NIPSCO) | PDF | NREL Capital Cost Projections Summary
- Vectren Energy | PDF