Language Translation
  Close Menu

Child Support Services

The mission of the child support program is to enhance the well-being of children by assuring that assistance in obtaining support, including financial and medical, is available to children through locating parents, establishing paternity, establishing support obligations, and monitoring and enforcing those obligations.

DID YOU KNOW? Your county prosecutor’s office can help you with child support matters regardless of your level of income? Your prosecutor can assist with:

  • Establishing paternity.
  • Establishing support orders.
  • Enforcing support orders.

Learn More about Title IV-D Child Support Services provided by your prosecutor. The Indiana Prosecuting Attorneys Council does not provide child support services. To obtain child support services, contact your county prosecutor's child support office.

Related Links

What is the Title IV-D Child Support Program?

Title IV-D of the Federal Social Security Act requires states to provide child support services. In Indiana, the Title IV-D Child Support Program is administered by the Department of Child Services, Child Support Bureau, and is carried out locally by the county prosecutor’s office, the office of the county clerk, and the courts.

Why should I join the Title IV-D program?

The program will help you meet the medical and financial needs of your child(ren).

Who is eligible for Title IV-D Services?

Custodial parents, non-custodial parents, and legal guardians can apply for child support services regardless of their level of income.

What services can the prosecutor’s office provide?

  • Establish paternity.
  • Perform genetic testing in paternity actions.
  • Establish child support orders.
  • Establish medical support orders.
  • When appropriate under federal and state law, file a petition to modify a child support order upon the request of either the custodial or non-custodial party.
  • Locate parents.
  • Enforce child support orders.
  • Assist in establishing/enforcing child support orders when a parent resides outside of Indiana.

How can I apply for services?

The Prosecutor’s Office can provide child support services to parents and legal guardians in need of services regardless of their income level.

  • TANF Recipients: If you are receiving TANF (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families) benefits, you will be referred automatically to the prosecutor’s office for child support services, free of charge.
  • MEDICAID Recipients: If your child is receiving Medicaid, you are entitled to receive child support services, free of charge. You will, however, still need to apply for services. You may pick up an application for services at your county prosecutor's office, child support division or print the application online. Completed applications should be delivered to the child support division of the prosecutor's office in person or by mail.
  • All Others: If you are not a TANF or Medicaid recipient and you need child support services, you are eligible to receive child support services free of charge regardless of your income level. You may pick up an application for services at the county prosecutor’s office, child support division, or print out the application online. Completed applications should be delivered to the child support division of the prosecutor’s office in person or by mail.

What services are not provided by the Title IV-D Program?

  • Divorce filings
  • Enforcement of custody and parenting time orders
  • Establishment of college expenses orders