Here you'll find resources for 1977 Police Officers' and Firefighters' Pension and Disability Fund ('77 Fund) local pension board secretaries. Indiana's local pension boards are charged with some or all of the following fund-related duties:
- Holding hearings and approving disability applications
- Setting standards for testing of new applicants
- Acting as liaisons between the survivors of fallen police officers and firefighters and INPRS
- Approving new hires
- Understanding the sections under Indiana Code 36-8-8
Pension Relief Information
NOTE: The PDF version of the Certified Salary Form is currently unavailable. INPRS is in the process of changing the format for how employers will submit the 2022 Certified Salary Form this year. Our Employer Advocate team will be reaching out to you with instructions on how to complete this new process as soon as it's available.
- Pension Relief Data Submission Guide
- Pension Relief Informational Flyer
- 2019 Pension Secretaries Seminar Presentation
- 2019 1977 Fund Legislative Review Workshop
- Pension Relief Worksheet (PDF)
- Pension Relief Worksheet Field Level Guide
- Change of Pension Relief Distribution Bank Information Form
1977 Fund Disability Benefit Determinations
The process for determining 1977 Fund members' eligibility for disability benefits requires approval from the local review board. The steps that must be taken by members, the review board, and INPRS are outlined in the 1977 Fund Disability Benefit Determinations Fact Sheet. Additional information can be found in the following documents:
- Duty-Related Disability Status Recommendation
- 1977 Fund Disability at a Glance Fact Sheet
- 1977 Fund Disability Application
If you’re a '77 Fund member with questions concerning your personal '77 Fund account, contact us by phone, toll-free, at (888) GO-INPRS, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
If you’re an employer with general questions about the '77 Fund or about specific members other than yourself, you should contact us by phone, toll-free, at (888) 876-2707 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INPRS Member Advocates are available M-F from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.