Close Menu

2021-2022 Employer Contribution Rate Information

Employer Contribution Rate FAQs

TRF Hybrid Plan

The current rate is 5.5 percent and will remain at 5.5 percent effective July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022.

TRF My Choice Plan

Effective July 1, 2021, the 2022 composite rate is 5.3 percent and the supplemental rate is 0.2 percent, for a total of 5.5 percent.

PERF Hybrid Plan

The composite rate for 2022 remains 11.2 percent beginning July 1, 2021. As allowed by Senate Enrolled Act 549, this rate pertains to all PERF employers for 2022.

PERF My Choice Plan

The breakdown of the PERF 2022 contribution rate (for state of Indiana employees) of 11.2 percent is 3.2 percent for normal cost and 8.0 percent for amortization of the unfunded liability effective July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022.

For Local Government (political subdivisions), employers choose how much to contribute to employee accounts, from 0 percent up to the normal cost of the fund. Effective Jan. 1, 2022, the normal cost will be 3.9 percent.

In addition, political subdivisions must make a supplemental contribution toward the fund’s actuarial unfunded liability. Effective Jan. 1, 2022, the supplemental contribution will be 7.3 percent.

Please note that the breakdown of the rate can change each year.

'77 Fund

The current rate is 17.5 percent through Dec. 31, 2021. The 2021 rate will remain the same at 17.5 percent effective Jan. 1, 2022, through Dec. 31, 2022.

Excise, Gaming and Conservation Fund

The employer contribution rate will be 20.75 percent effective Jan. 1, 2022.

LE DC Plan

Effective Jan. 1, 2022, the employer contribution rate will be 14.2 percent.

INPRS News & Events

INPRS News & Events

More News & Events

Top FAQs