The INAIAC offers the following scholarships, which are funded through the sale of the Indiana Native American license plate.
Daryl Baldwin Academic Scholarship (Fall/Spring)
Application Deadline: July 15th
The Daryl Baldwin (Miami Tribe of Oklahoma) Scholarship is open to Indiana residents of Native American, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian descendancy pursing a bachelors or graduate degree from an accredited Indiana college or university. Ten (10) scholarships* will be awarded for the fall and spring semesters, $1,500.00 per semester, total $3,000.00 for the academic year.
*If funding is available, the Education Committee will recommend accepting applications for the spring semester ($1,500.00). Please check back in late fall for availability.
John Daugherty, Jr., Academic Scholarship (Summer)
Application Deadline: April 15th
The John Daugherty, Jr. (Eastern Shawnee) Scholarship is open to Indiana residents of Native American, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian descendancy pursuing a bachelors or advance degree from an accredited college or university. Five (5) scholarships will be awarded for the summer semester, $1,000.00 for summer.
John R. Winchester, Sr., Vocational/Trade Scholarship
Application Deadline: August 15th and December 15th
The John R. Winchester, Sr. (Pokagon Band of Potawatomi) Vocational/Trade Scholarship is open to Indiana residents of Native American, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian descendancy pursuing a vocations or trade school degree from an accredited Indiana vocational/trade school. Four (4) scholarships will be awarded, up to $2,500.00 per year. Payment disbursement will be determined by INAIAC Director in agreement with scholarship recipient.
You can complete the application online. Please click the link below and follow the instructions. You can save your progress and resume it at another time.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Tribal Membership: Must be an enrolled member or a descendent of an enrolled member of a federally recognized Native American tribe, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian; enrolled member or a descendent of an enrolled member of the Miami Nation of Indians of Indiana.
- Residency: Must be an Indiana resident.
- Student Status: Must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate, graduate, or vocational student at an accredited Indiana school.
- Grade Point Average: Must have a 2.0 or higher cumulative grade point average.
- Degree: Must be pursuing a bachelor's (BA or BS), graduate degree (MA, MS, or PhD), or associates (AA or AS)/vocational certificate.
- Demonstrated Financial Need: Priority consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate a need for financial assistance verified through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)