Conflict of Interest Rule
Employees of the Indiana Gaming Commission must adhere to a high standard
of ethical conduct.
Applicants who do not meet the following requirements of the Gaming Act may
not be employed by the Commission.
IC 4-33-3-17 Employee conflict of interest
- A person may not be employed to serve the commission if:
- the person or the person's spouse, parent, or child is:
- an official of an operator or operating agent engaged in gambling operations in Indiana; or
- a person with:
- a financial interest in; or
- a financial relation with; an operator or operating agent engaged in gambling operations in Indiana; or
- the person is a spouse, parent, or child of a commission member.
- The employment of a person employed in violation of subsection (a) shall be terminated.
As added by P.L.277-1993(ss), SEC.124. Amended by P.L.92-2003, SEC.9.<
In addition, Commission employees are subject to the ethical standards found in
other Indiana statutes, the rules and policies of the State Ethics Commission, and
the Commission's ethics rules and policies for employees.
For more information, please click on the links below: