- To serve as Enforcement Agent in the Enforcement Section ("Section") of the Investigations and Enforcement Division ("Division") of the Indiana Gaming Commission ("Commission"), reporting directly to the Enforcement Supervisor. The Enforcement Agent is responsible for conducting all enforcement activities on the assigned riverboat.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work directly under the supervision of the Enforcement Supervisor.
- Ensure strict compliance with all applicable Commission policies, directives, administrative rules and regulations.
- Maintain a close relationship with the Enforcement Supervisor, coordinating investigatory and enforcement activities.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with federal, state and local law enforcement officers as necessary to conduct and assist in investigations and activities effectively.
- Obtain working knowledge of riverboat personnel responsibilities and maintain professional working relationships with those individuals.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with all applicable law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
- Obtain thorough knowledge of the internal controls of the assigned riverboat.
- Monitor, document and report internal control compliance.
- Remain apprised of current and emerging issues at the assigned riverboat.
- Develop and maintain detailed and current knowledge of gaming enforcement activities.
- Complete all enforcement work and reports with the maximum amount of proficiency, effort and accuracy in accordance with the Case Management System and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Comply with all enforcement schedules, practices and deadlines.
- Comply with performance appraisal activities.
- Comply with the Case Management System.
- Comply with the goals and activities established in conjunction with performance metrics.
- Understand, monitor and utilize security and surveillance systems at the assigned riverboat.
- Conduct regular, timely and thorough testing of electronic gaming devices and other gaming equipment at the riverboat.
- Conduct gaming enforcement operations on the assigned riverboat.
- Obtain proficiency in the utilization of the Commission’s Electronic Gaming Device System.
- Strictly comply with all applicable statutory and regulatory duties imposed upon the agents.
- Receive and process public and industry complaints, grievances and disputes.
- Provide assistance to the riverboat patrons.
- Advise Enforcement Supervisor of all matters impacting the Commission.
- Perform general police duties when required.
- Perform daily administrative functions.
- Answer internal and external inquiries as needed or directed.
- Address government and public gatherings as required.
- Facilitate coordination among all federal, state and local law enforcement entities when necessary.
- Maintain optimum level of integrity and professionalism.
- Perform other duties as directed.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND DIFFICULTY OF WORK
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Perform licensing responsibilities as required.
- Ability to objectively and promptly analyze issues.
- Ability to conduct criminal investigations.
- Ability to conduct investigative interviews effectively.
- Ability to develop thorough knowledge of the application of criminal law.
- Knowledge of covert and overt investigations.
- Strong administrative and communication skills.
- Ability to ensure strict compliance with applicable marine structural and life safety standards.
- Ability to learn and monitor the essential functions of the electronic gaming device tracking system utilized at the assigned riverboat.
- Ability to develop thorough knowledge of Commission rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ability to develop knowledge of intelligence gathering, rules of evidence and court proceedings.
- Ability to develop familiarity with the application of statutes, administrative rules and policies.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- No felony convictions.
- Successfully pass a background investigation.
- Successfully pass any written and/or physical test required by the Commission.
- Successfully pass drug testing as required by the Commission.
- Ability to operate state vehicles in compliance with Commission policy.
- Adhere to the Commission policy prohibiting Commission employees from gambling or playing any licensed game or gaming device under the jurisdiction of the Commission in the State of Indiana.
- Comply with the Indiana Office of Technology’s Information Security Policies and Minimum Compliance Requirements.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS
- Work with and coordinate activities with the Administrative Division and the Background and Financial Investigations Section.
- Work with and coordinate activities with the Enforcement Investigators.
- Maintain positive working relationships with local law enforcement entities in riverboat communities.
- Work with and facilitate productive relationships with federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
- Work with and facilitate productive relationships with applicable regulatory agencies sharing oversight responsibilities of the gaming industry.
- Work in a professional and courteous manner with all patrons, applicants and persons related to the riverboat operations.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Job tasks are primarily accomplished in the riverboat environment.
- Working hours are subject to flexible scheduling with potential up to 12 hour shifts, and could be extended by the workload and emergency situations.
- Work is often performed in an accelerated environment and under stressful conditions.
- Overtime and compensatory time must be approved as directed by the Superintendent of Gaming Agents.