About Why-Fi Water
- Senate Enrolled Act No. 347 required all public water utilities in the State of Indiana to provide the Indiana Finance Authority with a Non-Revenue Water Audit, as identified in the American Water Works Association Manual of Water Supply Practices M-36
- The act also required the IFA to conduct a study and analysis of infrastructure needs for all water utilities in the State of Indiana
- The final report was submitted to the legislative services agency. To read the report, click the "Evaluation of Indiana's Water Utilities Report" link bellow.
- Per Senate Enrolled Act no. 347, IFA will use the data from this study in a manner that protects the confidential information of the owners of the water facilites, in accordance with IC 5-14-3-4.
- For utility personnel who wish to continue completing the Water Audit for this system, although you are not required to submit the file to the IFA, we can offer assistance for completing the audit. For assistance with the water audit, please contact Staci Orr at email@example.com.
Accomplishments and Next Steps
- 552 utilities were represented in the final dataset
- Senate enrolled Act 416: Infrastructure Assistance Found was passed into law (Public Law 233) on April 28, 2017. This law was guided in part by the work of this study.
- Assist utilities with future water auditing needs
- Alliance of Indiana Rural Water
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- GRW Engineers
- H.J. Umbaugh & Associates
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM)
- Indiana Rural Water Association (IRWA)
- INTERA, Inc.
- M.E. Simpson, Inc.
- Rural Community Assistance Program (RCAP)