Pre-Licensing Exam Content Outlines and Study Materials
Exam Content Outlines
The Indiana Examination Content Outlines are developed to identify and classify entry level knowledge that insurance professionals need to properly serve their clients. Examination content outlines are available for each of the following IDOI insurance licensing examinations:
- IN Life Producer
- IN Health Producer
- IN Life and Health Producer
- IN Property and Casualty Producer
- IN Personal Lines Producer
- IN Bail/Recovery Agent
- IN Navigator
- IN Public Adjuster
- IN Surplus Lines Producer
- IN Life Laws & Regulations
- IN Health Laws & Regulations
- IN Life and Health Laws & Regulations
- IN Property and Casualty Laws & Regulations
The content outlines are updated periodically and may not be consistent with outdated study materials. Where such discrepancies exist, the outlines take precedence.
Test questions were researched and developed based on questions submitted to industry professionals in Indiana for review and approval. This process assures that the tests reflect content that you, as an entry-level insurance professional, will need to know to properly perform your duties for the insurance-buying public.
- Be certain that the study materials you use cover the topics in the outlines
- IDOI does not specify an official study manual but provides a list of approved pre-licensing education (PE) providers (searchable though www.sircon.com by selecting "Look Up Education Courses/Credits" and doing an "Approved Courses Inquiry") and the Examination Content Outlines.
- Providers of pre-licensing study courses select appropriate study materials, which (when combined with classroom lectures and discussion) should cover the material contained in the approved content outlines.
- You may obtain study material suggestions from insurance companies, the company or agency for which you plan to work or local insurance and agents' associations.
- IDOI does not advise using examination questions on the market in CD format as a basis of study.
If you receive a study course requirement waiver or wish additional review, you are free to use material of your own choosing to prepare for the license examination.
Indiana State-Specific Laws and Regulations
The Examination Content Outlines contain sections on Indiana State-Specific laws and regulations. In addition to the study material, you may wish to consult a standard statute reference. These standard statute reference sources are generally available at any public or law library.
Not all questions on the examinations will necessarily be covered in your course(s) or the study manuals. The content outlines are updated periodically and may not be consistent with outdated study material in the manuals. Where such discrepancies exist, the outlines take precedence.