Close Menu

License Reporting Requirements and Resources for Producers (Agents/Agencies) and Adjusters

Last Updated: 2/12/21

  • Contact Change. A change of address, telephone, email, or fax shall be updated online through www.nipr.com or www.sircon.com/indiana, or through an individual's Sircon for Individuals account or an agency's Sircon for Businesses account. A change shall be reported within 30 days of the change.
  • Name/DOB/SSN/FEIN Change or Cancelling a License. Submit the IDOI Service Request Form [fillable pdf link] to report the following: (1) Change of Legal Name; (2) Addition or Removal of Alias/Other/DBA Name; (3) Correction of Social Security Number (SSN), Date of Birth (DOB), or Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN); or (4) Cancellation of License or Line(s) of Authority. A change shall be reported within 30 days of the change. NOTE: Additional documentation may be required (see form). Save and submit the form and additional documentation to the contact at the top of the form. Allow 3-5 business days to process the request. Changes may be confirmed online through www.nipr.com or www.sircon.com/Indiana.
  • DRLP Update. An addition or removal of an agency's Designated Responsible Licensed Producer (DRLP) shall be maintained online through the agency's Sircon for Businesses account or www.sircon.com/Indiana (by selecting “Maintain Your Firm Associations”). A change shall be reported within 30 days of the change.
  • Owner, Officer, Partner, or Director Update [NOT REQUIRED]. Reporting a change of a licensed agency's owners, officers, partners, or directors IS NOT REQUIRED in Indiana. Such submissions will not be processed or kept on record by the Indiana Department of Insurance.
  • Change of Agency Ownership. If a change of ownership of an agency causes the agency's legal name, alias/other name or Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) to change, the agency shall disclose the legal or alias/other name change via the Service Request Form [fillable pdf link] (if only a name has changed) or, if the FEIN has changed, apply for a new license under the new FEIN and cancel the previous license through the Service Request Form [fillable pdf link]. A change shall be reported within 30 days of the change.
  • Letter of Clearance [NOT AVAILABLE]. A "letter of clearance," which cancels a resident license and verifies that it was in good standing in a state, IS NOT AVAILABLE to individuals or firms transferring state license residency from Indiana to another state. A change in license status (e.g., license cancellation/voluntary surrender, standing) may be viewed online through the National Insurance Producer Registry. An Indiana license may be cancelled through the Service Request Form [fillable pdf link].
  • Letter of Certification. A "letter of certification," which verifies an active individual or firm license in a state, shall be requested online through a Sircon Service Request.
  • CE Deadline Extension. Information on requesting an extension to complete continuing education (CE) requirements is available online at www.in.gov/idoi/2760.htm. The CE extension request form and fee must be submitted at least 30 days prior to a license expiration date.
  • CE Exemption for Retired/Non-Practicing Producers. A continuing education (CE) exemption for retired/non-practicing insurance producers may be requested online through www.in.gov/idoi/2598.htm. The CE exemption request form shall be submitted outside a producer's 90-day license renewal period, which runs 90 days prior to the producer's license expiration date.
  • Administrative or Criminal Action. Information on the requirements for reporting an administrative or criminal action taken against a licensed producer or adjuster is available online at www.in.gov/idoi/2449.htm. Information on applying for consent to engage in the business of insurance under 18 U.S.C. 1033 Federal Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act is available online at www.in.gov/idoi/2479.htm#z.
  • Print a License. An active license may be downloaded and printed online through www.sircon.com/indiana (by selecting "Print A License") or through an individual's Sircon for Individuals account or an agency's Sircon for Businesses account.
  • Producer Contact List. To request a copy of a producer contact list, please email agentlicensing@idoi.in.com. Please specify in the email if you would like a contact list for: (A) Resident Producer Individuals; (B) Non-Resident Producer Individuals; (C) Resident Producer Organizations; and/or (D) Non-Resident Producer Organizations