Rating organizations must hold a letter of registration to do business in Indiana. All licenses must be renewed every three (3) years. To complete your application, please submit the following and tab the items according to the numbers below.
2. Upon receipt of the application an invoice will be sent for the filing fee of $75. Payment will be remitted electronically via the NAIC OPTins payment system. You will need to begin setting up the account as it may take 3 weeks for completion.
3. A copy of the organizations constitution, articles of agreement or association or its certificate of incorporation.
4. A copy of the organizations bylaws, rules, and regulations governing the conduct of its business.
5. A list of members
6. The name and address of a resident of this state upon whom notices or orders of the commissioner or processing affecting such organization may be served. (Uniform Consent for Service of Process, Form 12)
7. A statement of the organization's qualifications as a rating organization.
The information requested in the preceding should be mailed to the following:
Indiana Department of Insurance
311 West Washington Street, Suite 300
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2787
*Note - All materials must be sent postal mail, faxed or emailed items will not be accepted*
After the filing is approved, a letter of registration will be prepared and sent to the contact person listed on the application.